She married Æthelfrith, king of Bernicia. He may have married her prior to taking power in Deira, in which case the marriage may have facilitated it, or he may have done so afterwards in order to consolidate his position there. They had eight children:
- Eanfrith of Bernicia (590–634 CE)
- Oswald of Northumbria (c. 604 – 5 August 642 CE)
- Oswiu of Northumbria (c. 612 – 15 February 670 CE)
- Oswudu of Northumbria
- Oslac of Northumbria
- Oslaf of Northumbria
- Offa of Northumbria
- Æbba of Northumbria
- Charles Oman (1924). England Before the Norman Conquest. Рипол Классик. pp. 243–. ISBN 978-5-87804-834-7.
- James E. Fraser (19 January 2009). From Caledonia to Pictland: Scotland to 795. Edinburgh University Press. pp. 136–. ISBN 978-0-7486-2820-9.
- David Adam (20 February 2009). The Holy Island of Lindisfarne. SPCK. pp. 76–. ISBN 978-0-281-06307-9.
- D. P. Kirby, The Earliest English Kings
- "England Anglo-Saxon Kings". Fmg.ac. Retrieved 2018-01-17.