Abbas Shafiee (1937 – June 15, 2016) was an Iranian pharmaceutical chemist. He was the president of faculty of pharmacy at Tehran University. He published more than 350 scientific articles in peer reviewed international journals.
Shafiee received his degree in Pharmacy from Tehran University in 1962, later earning a master's from Columbia University's College of Pharmaceutical Sciences in 1965, and a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from the same institution in 1968.
- National Winner of Merit, Lunsford Richardson Award for graduate research (USA), 1968
- Research Award, Tehran University, 1972
- Ministry of Higher Education award for Research, 1974
- First Degree Kharazmi Award, 1987
- Permanent Member of Iranian Academy of Medical Sciences 1990.
- Member of Iranian Academy of Science, Tehran 1991.
- Tehran University's Highest Honorary Award, 1994
- Iranian Chemical Society Year's Chemist, 1995
- His book, Chromatography and spectroscopy, was named best book of the year and received the corresponding award from the Interior Ministry in 1996 and the Ministry of Health in 1995
- Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa), University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, 1998
- First degree Razi Award, 1998
- Second degree National Award for Research, 1999
- Best National Book of the Year, 2000
- "Homage to Prof. Abbas Shafiee". targan.ir. Faculty of Pharmacy - Tehran University of Medical Sciences.
- Katritzky, Alan R. (1979). Alan R. Katritzky (ed.). Advances in heterocyclic chemistry. 24 (illustrated ed.). Academic Press. p. 109. ISBN 0-12-020624-2. Retrieved 31 December 2009.
- "CV: Abbas Shafiee". Tehran: Tehran University of Medical Sciences. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 31 December 2009.
- "Abbas Shafiee". Tehran: Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics. Archived from the original on 25 October 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2009.