Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Paruchuri Murali|
|Produced by||Vaasireddy Ravindra|
|Written by||G.G.V.K.Chiranjeevi (Gopi) (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||Paruchuri Murali|
|Story by||Paruchuri Murali|
|Music by||Sai Karthik|
|Cinematography||Vijay C. Kumar|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
Friends Movie Creations
Aatagallu (transl. "Players") is a 2018 Indian Telugu-language action thriller film produced by Vaasireddy Ravindra, Vaasireddy Sivaji, Vaddapudi Jithendra, and Makkina Ramu under the Friends Movie Creations banner. The film was directed by Paruchuri Murali. The film stars Nara Rohit, Jagapathi Babu, Darshana Banik in the lead roles  and music composed by Sai Karthik. Editing and Cinematography was handled by Marthand K. Venkatesh and Vijay C. Kumar respectively. The film was released on 24 August 2018.
Siddharth (Nara Rohit), a reputed filmmaker, is accused of killing his wife Anjali (Darshana Banik). However, Siddarth claims he is innocent. An undefeated criminal lawyer, Veerendra (Jagapathi Babu), is appointed as the prosecutor. While the evidence suggests that Siddharth is guilty, Veerendra believes otherwise and works to exonerate him. Veerendra uncovers evidence proving that Anjali's former lover, Munna (Sritej), is guilty and helps Siddharth get acquitted. Soon after, however, Veerendra realizes that Siddharth has tricked him and that Siddharth was the true killer. A flashback portrays Siddharth as a proud man, unable to tolerate anyone tainting his image. One night, a fight with a farmer named Dharma Rao results in the latter slapping the former; an enraged Siddharth retaliates and knocks the farmer out. The incident severely impacts Anjali, who decides to divulge the truth. In an attempt to silence Anjali, Siddharth murders her. Back in the present, Veerendra targets Siddharth and brings out his true identity. The movie ends with the narcissistic and egotistical Siddharth committing suicide.
- Nara Rohit as Siddharth
- Jagapathi Babu as Public Prosecutor Veerendra
- Darshana Banik as Anjali
- Brahmanandam as Go Go
- Subbaraju as DCP Nayak
- Sritej as Munna
- Chalapathi Rao as Tenali Naidu
- Nagineedu as CM
- Prabhu as Dharma Rao
- Satyam Rajesh as Rajesh Kumar
- Priya as Padma, Anjali's mother
- Jeeva as Munna's father
- Tulasi as Munna's mother
- Pilla Prasad as Excise Minister
The shooting of the film began on 11 October 2017 at Ramanaidu Studios, Hyderabad, Telengana, India, with the "first look" poster releasing on 11 May 2018. On 9 June 2018, a 67-second teaser was released, followed by  the first song, "Nee Valle," on 10 June from Red FM at Mango Music. Finally, the theatrical trailer was launched on 30 June 2018.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||10 June 2018|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Sai Karthik chronology|
|1.||"Neevalle Neevalle"||Shrestha||ML Shruti||4:34|
|2.||"Maya Bazar"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Revanth||4:10|
The Times of India rated 1.5/5, stating that “There’s no reason why you should suffer.” Everyone got impressed with Nara Rohit’s acting, Jagapathi Babu’s stern & serious looks worked out good for him and Darshana Banik as Cameo. 123telugu.com rated 2.5/5, announcing Aatagallu–Same old murder mystery: The film has nothing new to offer, making it a routine and outdated watch. Whereas Mirchi-9 granted 1.25/5 stating it as Playing with Audience Patience. Greatandhra.com declared 1/5 and named the film as "Totally Substandard". Telugu Mirchi accorded 2.75/5 professing "Aatagallu is an outdated, boring plot. Yet, interesting with gripping twists, but the director should not have revealed the twists so early.” Cine Josh affirmed the movie as a mindless film with countless negatives going with 2/5.
- "Aatagallu (Overview)". IMDb.
- "Nara Rohith & Jagapathi Babu's Aatagallu releasing on August 24th". Tollywood Net.
- "Nara Rohith starts dubbing for Aatagallu". Telangana Today.
- "'Aatagallu' is a mind game: Paruchuri Murali". Indiaglitz.
- Aatagallu (2018) - IMDb, retrieved 15 June 2020
- "Nara Rohit & Jagapathi Babu to play a Game". My First Show.
- "Nara Rohit starrer 'Aatagallu's' first look is out". The Times on India.
- "Nara Rohith's 'Aatagallu' teaser shows that the film is about a murder mystery investigation". The Times on India.
- "Aatagallu Movie: Nee Valle Song Launched- Nara Rohit". ap7am.com.
- "Aatagallu trailer review". The Hans India.
- "Aatagallu (Songs)". gaana.com.
- "Aatagallu (Review-1)". The Times of India.
- "Aatagallu (Review-2)". 123telugu.com.
- "Aatagallu (Review 3)". Mirchi-9.
- "Aatagallu (Review-4)". greatandhra.com.
- "Aatagallu (Review-5)". Telugu Mirchi.
- "Aatagallu (Review-6)". CINE JOSH.