This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|A Woman Who Knows What She Wants|
|Directed by||Victor Janson|
|Music by||Oscar Straus|
|Edited by||Roger von Norman|
A Woman Who Knows What She Wants (German: Eine Frau, die weiß, was sie will) is a 1934 Czechoslovak musical comedy film directed by Victor Janson and starring Lil Dagover, Anton Edthofer, and Anton Walbrook, a German-language version of Czech film A Woman Who Knows What She Wants. It is an adaptation of a 1932 stage musical of the same title, with music by Oscar Straus. It was filmed at the Barrandov Studios in Prague.
The musical was adapted again as a 1958 West German film of the same title.
- Lil Dagover as Mona Cavallini, Revuestar
- Anton Edthofer as Erik Mattisson, industrialist
- Maria Beling as Karin, his daughter
- Anton Walbrook as Axel Basse
- Kurt Vespermann as Peter Kasten
- Hans Junkermann as Dr. Frank Heyberg, lawyer
- Werner Finck as Kalmann, press secretary
- Hubert von Meyerinck as Lynge, banker
- Inge John as Kalman's secretary
- Leo Peukert as Almers, director
- Pepi Glöckner-Kramer as Babette, wardrobe mistress
- Franz Scharwenka as President of Paranarena
- C.W. Tetting as his Adjutant
- Michael von Newlinsky as Prim, Inspizient
- Bock & Berfelder, p. 78
- Bock, Hans-Michael; Bergfelder, Tim, eds. (2009). The Concise Cinegraph: Encyclopaedia of German Cinema. New York: Berghahn Books. ISBN 978-1-57181-655-9.