|Parent company||Bloomsbury Publishing|
|Founder||Adam Black and Charles Black|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
A & C Black is a British book publishing company, owned since 2002 by Bloomsbury Publishing.
During the years 1827–1903 the firm published the 7th, 8th and 9th editions of the Encyclopædia Britannica.
Beginning in 1839, the firm published a series of travel guides known as Black's Guides.
The company was the publisher of the annual Who's Who (since 1849) and also, since 2002, the Whitaker's Almanack. Other notable works include Black's Medical Dictionary and the Know The Game series of sports rules and laws reference books.
The firm also published the A. & C. Black Colour Books: Twenty Shilling Series (1901–21), a "range of high-quality colour collectable picture books" which are still collected by bibliophiles.
In 2016, A & C Black Music list moved to Collins Learning, a division of HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.
- Black's Medical Dictionary
- Whitaker's Almanack
- Who's Who
- Wisden Cricketers' Almanack
- Writers' & Artists' Yearbook
- A. & C. Black Colour Books: Twenty Shilling Series
- Ballet Pocket Series (Newman Wolsey; then: A. & C. Black)
- Black's Guides
- Black's Novel Library
- The Fascination of London
- Know the Game
- The Making of the Nations
- Adlard Coles Nautical
- Arden Shakespeare
- Andrew Brodie Publications
- Methuen Drama
- T. & A. D. Poyser
- Reeds Almanac
- John Wisden & Co
- Know The Game, archive.org. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- A. & C. Black Colour Books: Twenty Shilling Series, publishinghistory.com. Retrieved on 16 April 2017.
- The History of A&C Black Publishers, archive.org. Retrieved on 16 April 2017.
- Cliff Tomaszewski, "A. & C. Black's 20/- Colour Books", Stella and Rose's Books. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- FOB: Firms Out of Business, utexas.edu. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- Ballet Pocket Series (Newman Wolsey Ltd; then: A. & C. Black) - Book Series List, publishinghistory.com. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- bibliogroup:Black's Novel Library, Google Books. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- Sir Walter Besant and G. E. Mitton, The Fascination of London: Holburn and Bloomsbury, London: Adam & Charles Black, 1903 (The Fascination of London series), archive.org. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- The Making of the Nations (A. & C. Black) - Book Series List, publishinghistory.com. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adam and Charles Black.|
- A&C Black - archive.org copy of the site as it was on 15 January 2010.
- History of A&C Black, acblack.com (archive.org copy).
- Bloomsbury Publishing corporate structure
- Bloomsbury Publishing corporate history
- Whitaker's Almanack
- A & C Black Colour Books: Twenty Shilling Series
- Records of A. & C. Black Publishers Ltd, University of Reading