|Headquarters||Chicago, IL, United States|
Number of locations
|Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Houston, TX, Seattle, WA, Southeast Florida and Southern California|
|Total assets||$6.5 billion+|
Number of employees
AMLI Residential, a multifamily real estate company headquartered in Chicago, focuses on the development, acquisition and management of Multi-family residential communities across the United States. As of April 1, 2016, AMLI owned and managed 62 stabilized apartment communities (over 21,000 apartment homes) in nine major markets: Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Seattle, Southeast Florida and Southern California. The company also has 22 communities under development (over 8,300 units) across the United States.
AMLI was founded in 1980 by John Allen and Greg Mutz, the “A” and the “M” in AMLI, as a private real estate development, management and investment company. In 1994, AMLI went public as a NYSE publicly traded real estate investment trust. In February 2006, Morgan Stanley’s Prime Property Fund (PRIME) took AMLI private through a $2.1 billion transaction. PRIME is an open-ended, core institutional real estate fund that owns $19 billion of retail, office, multifamily, hotel, and industrial properties throughout the U.S.
- Multihousing News: Seattle's Largest Rental Developments Completed in 2015/
- The Real Deal: These Were Miami's Biggest Commercial Buyers During 2015/
- Chicago Tribune: South Loop Developer Buys Divvy Station for Residents
- USGBC: U.S. Green Building Council Announces 2013 LEED for Homes Award Winners
- Seattle Times: Mammoth tusk found in South Lake Union headed to the Burke