|Headquarters||Chicago, IL, United States|
Number of locations
|Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Houston, TX, Seattle, WA, Southeast Florida and Southern California|
|Total assets||$6.5 billion+|
Number of employees
AMLI Residential, a multifamily real estate company headquartered in Chicago, focuses on the development, acquisition and management of Multi-family residential communities across the United States. As of November 1, 2017, AMLI owned and managed 60 stabilized apartment communities (over 20,000 apartment homes) in nine major markets: Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Seattle, Southeast Florida and Southern California. The company also has 13 communities under development (over 4,400 units) across the United States. AMLI is a leader in multifamily sustainability. As of November 1, 2017, 29 AMLI properties are LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified and 16 AMLI communities are ENERGY STAR® certified.
AMLI was founded in 1980 by John Allen and Greg Mutz, the “A” and the “M” in AMLI, as a private real estate development, management and investment company. In 1994, AMLI went public as a NYSE publicly traded real estate investment trust. In February 2006, Morgan Stanley’s Prime Property Fund (PRIME) took AMLI private through a $2.1 billion transaction. PRIME is an open-ended, core institutional real estate fund that owns $19 billion of retail, office, multifamily, hotel, and industrial properties throughout the U.S.
- "AMLI Website, Our Portfolio". AMLI Residential.
- "AMLI Website, Sustainability Awards & Achievements". AMLI Residential.
- "AMLI Website, About Us". AMLI Residential.
- Multihousing News: Renters Looking to Live Green: AMLI Survey
- USGBC: U.S. Green Building Council Announces 2016 LEED Homes Award Winners
- Atlanta Journal Constitution: Atlanta Recognizes Businesses Committed to Energy, Water Conservation
- Environmental Leader: Leaders Unveil Secrets for Environmental Stewardship
- Seattle Times: Mammoth Tusk Found in South Lake Union headed to the Burke