|Genres||Alternative rock, Pop, Indie,|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, producer, singer-songwriter, filmmaker|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, piano, bass|
|Labels||Parlophone Records, Elektra Records, Atlantic Records,|
A/J Jackson (born Alexander Leonard Jackson) is an American filmmaker and musician from Los Angeles, California. He produces commercials and music videos, as well writes songs and is lead singer for the band Saint Motel. He is known for his enthusiastic stage performances.
Jackson was born on September 14 and grew up in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He first started playing piano and writing his own music at about age seven. Jackson attended film school at Chapman University.
Jackson along with college friend Aaron Sharp formed a band called Saint Motel in 2007 while in film school. Saint Motel released its debut E.P. Foreplay in 2009 with Jackson as the lead singer. Jackson's songwriting for the EP received praise from The Washington Post.
Saint Motel's subsequent full length album Voyeur whose tracks reached the top of the Hype Machine Charts in 2012 and an EP, My Type, includes two international alternative top 40 singles, "Cold Cold Man" and the platinum selling single, "My Type"
After graduation Jackson became a freelance filmmaker directing and editing commercials for companies like Scion, Hyundai, and Elle Magazine, as well as music videos for bands like Royal Teeth and Futurecop, including his own band Saint Motel. When the band's debut album "Foreplay" was released they had created a music video to accompany each song of the album. Jackson's film clients include: Barry Manilow, Band of Skulls, and Jason Mraz.
- "Video Premiere: Royal Teeth, ‘Wild’". Buzzworthy. by Rachel Brodsky
- "Saint Motel follow in the steps of Silversun Pickups and Benny Goodman". by Bill Forman . Colorado Springs Independent.
- "REVIEW: On solo stint, Nate Ruess keeps the fun. in Sioux City performance". Souix City Journal, October 05, 2015 BRUCE R. MILLER
- "Finish Ticket Steals The Show At The Crocodile!". Seattle Music Insider, By Robin Fairbanks on April 7, 2015
- "Pilgrimage Festival is a blend of Southern musical influences". The Crimson White. 09/29/15
- the Verge: Saint Motel is just our 'Type'". Patrick Ryan, USA TODAY May 17, 2015
- "Saint Motel on Bringing 'My Type' and Fresh Underwear to Coachella". Entertainment Tonightby Sophie Schillaci
- "Saint Motel". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "SHAKY AND SWEATY". Rockwired, iNTERViEW BY BRiAN LUSH
- "Music gift: Saint Motel's 'ForPlay' EP | Holiday Gift Guide | Los Angeles Times". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. 2009-12-10. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- Jenkins, Mark. "Editorial Review: Saint Motel". The Washington Post. The Washington Post. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- Barnabi, Maria. "La Nostra Canzone Del Giorno: My Type Dei Saint Motel". Cosmopolitan Italia. Hearst Magazines. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Coachella 2015: Saint Motel bring flashy style to main stage". Los Angeles Daily News, By Liset Marquez, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, 04/12/15,
- "Saint Motel deliver exuberant live performance". Daily Californian, February 23, 2015. Sasha Chebil
- "MATT MUNOZ: At bigger venue, KRAB fest should be Free 4 more Alls". The Bakersfield Californian. BY MATT MUNOZ, Jun 10, 2015
- "That Music-Making Business". Wall Street Journal, By Jim Fusilli Oct. 31, 2009