AIIMS Raipur Logo
|Motto||Aarogyam Sukha Sampada|
Motto in English
|Health is Wealth and Happiness|
|Endowment||₹11.24 billion (US$160 million) per annum|
|President||Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Government of India|
|Dean||S. P. Dhaneria|
|Undergraduates||100 per batch|
|Campus||103.63 acres (0.4 km2)|
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Raipur is a medical college and medical research public university located in Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India. Established in 2012, it operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
AIIMS, Raipur is located on GE Road, near the Tatibandh Gurudwara in Raipur. Built at a cost of ₹840 crore (US$120 million), AIIMS Raipur is spread over an area of 103.63 acres (0.4 km2), where the hospital and college complex occupies 63.85 acres (0.3 km2) while residential complex is on 39.78 acres (0.2 km2).
Being located in an easily accessible location in the major city of Raipur, the institute answers to the medical needs of a majority of the population of Central India including Chhattisgarh, parts of eastern Maharashtra (Vidarbha Region), Madhya Pradesh and Odisha.
- The institute admitted its first batch of 50 MBBS students in September 2012. Since 2013 it admits 100 MBBS students per year.
- The 930 bedded hospital is working since February 2014.
- The Institute is currently operating as the leading tertiary care centre in the state of Chhattisgarh, with expert doctors from different branches of Medicine and Surgery continuously working to provide better healthcare services to the underserved population of Chhattisgarh.
- Facilities available at AIIMS Raipur include low cost medical care and treatment, state of art Operation Theatres, IPD services, Emergency Services*, AYUSH Services (to address the needs of patients through Ayurveda, Homeopathy, etc).
- The sprawling campus comprises The Hospital Block( consisting of the Main Building, Trauma Block, OPD and Admin Block), AYUSH Block, Mortuary, Medical College, Nursing College and separate Hostels for Boys, Girls, Nursing Staff, Residents and Interns.
- The football ground,basketball court, Cricket Ground, Badminton Court, Volleyball Court, Open Gymnasium,college gym,Table tennis,college band etc aid in the all round development of students and staff.
- Foundation Day is traditionally celebrated on 24 September each year, which includes Cultural and Sports events followed by felicitation of rank holders of exams held throughout the year.
- The first batch of MBBS passed out in December 2016 and the year long Internship started on 1 January 2017, making AIIMS Raipur one of the earliest Medical Institutes in India to begin Internships for the session.
Awards and recognition
- Central Library, AIIMS Raipur was awarded the ERMED usage award by National Medical Library in 2016.
- AIIMS Raipur received the Kayakalp Award by the MOHFW for being one of the cleanest hospitals in the country.
- Dr CT Thakar Award
Festivals and Events
The Foundation Day, 24 September is the most important and celebrated day in the AIIMS Raipur calendar. Various other events have taken place since the birth of the Institute that include:
- ORIANA is the inter college cultural fest held in AIIMS Raipur. It is the biggest college fest in central India. Students from different colleges across the country participate in it. Last ORIANA was held on 25 to 28 October 2018. Fest consists of arts,sports,literary,informal events,fashion show,campus princess, comedy nights,battle of bands,International DJs, starnight(famous singers from the country).
- AIIMS Premier League- Annual Cricket League with active participation from students, staff and Faculty; it is the largest sport event of the Institute. The first edition was held in 2015 and Batch 2012 emerged champions.
Other festivals like Holi, Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi, Eid, Onam,christmas etc are celebrated with enthusiasm and zeal.
Apart from this different clubs in the college used to conduct different programmes.
All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012
This All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012 has replaced the Ordinance which allowed the six AIIMS—like institutes to become operational from September 2012. The All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012, was introduced in the Lok Sabha on 27 August 2012. Lok Sabha passed the AIIMS (Amendment) Bill, 2012 on 30 August 2012. Bill was then introduced in Rajya Sabha on 3 September 2012. Rajya Sabha passed the Bill on 4 September 2012. Bill got its assent from the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee on 12 September 2012 and the Act came into force. The proposed measure will help the Centre change the status of the six new AIIMS registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act to be autonomous body corporate on the lines of the existing AIIMS in Delhi.AIIMS(Amendment)
- Jamal Ayub (30 August 2012). "Government appoints directors of AIIMS-like institutes". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Built at a cost of Rs840 crore, the Raipur AIIMS is spread over an area of 103.63 acres".
- "Aiims Bhopal to start functioning by July–Aug '12". Hindustan Times. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "City doctor to head Raipur AIIMS". Retrieved 1 July 2007.
- "Five AIIMS students expelled from hostel after ragging complaint - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 30 October 2013.
- Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept (4 September 2012). "Six AIIMS-like institutes to start operation by mid-Sept". The Pioneer. India. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Raj, Anand (27 August 2012). "Bill on AIIMS-like institutes introduced in Lok Sabha". The Hindu. New Delhi, India.
- Raj, Anand (30 August 2012). "Lok Sabha nod to AIIMS bill". The Economic times. New Delhi, India.
- "AIIMS bill moved in Rajya Sabha amid uproar". Business Standard. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Govt fails to get AIIMS Bill passed in Par amid din". IBNLive.com. 3 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Par nod to AIIMS Bill amid uproar". Business Standard. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Gov Bill passed in Par amid din". The Indian Express. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012" (PDF). Ministry of Law and Justice (India). Retrieved 29 April 2013.