This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Gregorian calendar||AD 19|
|Ab urbe condita||772|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||戊寅年 (Earth Tiger)|
2715 or 2655
— to —
己卯年 (Earth Rabbit)
2716 or 2656
|Coptic calendar||−265 – −264|
|- Vikram Samvat||75–76|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3119–3120|
|Iranian calendar||603 BP – 602 BP|
|Islamic calendar||622 BH – 621 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 19|
|Minguo calendar||1893 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||330/331 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||561–562|
145 or −236 or −1008
— to —
146 or −235 or −1007
AD 19 (XIX) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Silanus and Balbus (or, less frequently, year 772 Ab urbe condita). The denomination AD 19 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Maroboduus, king of the Marcomanni, is deposed by Catualda. This ends the threat to the Romans from Germanic tribes until the reign of Marcus Aurelius. Rome places them under its protection.
- Germanicus Julius Caesar, commander in chief of the Roman legions in the East and beloved by the legionaries, falls ill and dies. On his deathbed he accuses Gnaeus Calpurnius Piso, the governor of Syria, of poisoning him.
- Emperor Tiberius expels the Egyptians from Rome, and deports 4,000 Jews from Sicily.
- Agrippina the Elder accuses Gnaeus Calpurnius Piso of having assassinated her husband Germanicus Julius Caesar in Antioch. However, there is no credible evidence and the charge is never proven. (In ancient times, when medical science was not advanced, poison was usually suspected whenever a young, healthy person died suddenly. There was no way to pinpoint and trace the substance after death; therefore, it was considered a quick, easy and non-traceable form of homicide.)
- A triumphal arch is built for Germanicus Julius Caesar in Saintes.
- Vonones I of Parthia is removed to Cilicia and kept under house arrest. He escapes, but is caught and killed by a retired legion veteran.
- Last year (6th) of Tianfeng era of the Chinese Xin Dynasty.
- First flying machine, according to the Hanshu.
- Gondophares becomes king of the Saces.
- "On this day in AD 19 Germanicus died at Antioch. - Mint Imperials". Mint Imperials. October 10, 2016. Retrieved January 12, 2018.