In 2002 the Atlantic Coast Conference selected 50th anniversary teams for most of its sports. The 50-member men's basketball team was voted on by a 120-member blue-ribbon committee that was selected by the league's 50th Anniversary Committee.
North Carolina led all league schools with 12 members on the Golden Anniversary team while Duke was second with 11 honorees. Maryland had eight players selected, followed by Wake Forest (5), Georgia Tech and NC State (4), Virginia (3), Clemson (2) and South Carolina with one. The 50th Anniversary team includes:
- 17 players who earned National Player of the Year honors a total of 22 times.
- 27 players who earned consensus 1st team All-America honors a total of 38 times.
- 18 players who were three-time first-team All-ACC selections.
- 48 players were first round selections in either the annual NBA or ABA draft, including 9 players who were the first overall selection in that year's draft.
- 7 players who earned Academic All-American honors.
The ACC 50th Anniversary Men's Basketball Team
In alphabetical order: