|mobilkom austria (1996–2010)|
|Founded||1996 (as mobilkom austria)|
2010 (as A1 Telekom Austria)
|Marcus Grausam (CEO and CTO)|
Sonja Wallner (CFO)
|Products||Fixed line and mobile telephony, internet, IT services, IPTV|
|Brands||A1, bob, Yesss!, Red Bull MOBILE, Marko Zabukovec S.P.|
|Revenue||EUR 2.555558 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Parent||A1 Telekom Austria Group|
A1 Telekom Austria (A1) is the leading fixed and mobile network operator in Austria, with 5.4 million mobile and 2.3 million fixed-line customers. A1 Telekom Austria traces its origins to Austria's first GSM mobile phone network which began testing in 1992 and commercial operations in 1994, under the name Mobilkom Austria, then part of the Austrian state-owned PTT agency Post- und Telegraphenverwaltung (de; PTV) until it was split off into its own company in 1996. After Mobilkom's merger with A1 Telekom Austria Group in July 2010 it operates under the new name of A1 Telekom Austria.
A1 Telekom Austria is a 100% subsidiary of A1 Telekom Austria Group. A1 Telekom Austria offers convergent communication solutions.[buzzword] The product portfolio includes Fixed line and mobile telephony, internet, IT services, IPTV, wholesale services as well as mobile payment solutions.[buzzword] It offers products under the brands A1 (complete services offer), Bob and Yesss! (No frills-mobile telephony) as well as Red Bull MOBILE (co-operation with Red Bull).
The company launched GPRS in 2000. Three years later A1 introduced 3G UMTS which was upgraded first to HSDPA in 2007 and afterwards to HSPA+ in March 2009; followed by 4G LTE in September 2010, DC-HSPA+ in December 2010, LTE-A in 2014, LTE-A Pro in December 2018 and 5G NR in January 2020. In October 2013 A1 Telekom Austria AG acquired 2 x 70 MHz in mobile frequencies in the Austrian multiband auction. The total expenses amounted to EUR 1.03 billion.
In December 2016, A1 had a market share of 45.5% in broadband and 45.1% in voice telephony. The company had around 6 million mobile and 3.5 million fixed line subscribers at year end 2016. 
A1 Austria debuted its newly refreshed logo on 24 May 2018 after Telekom Austria's Bulgarian subsidiary was rebranded to A1 Bulgaria.
A1 was the title sponsor of the A1-Ring racetrack from 1996 to 2003 and is a team sponsor of the Austrian Ski Federation (ÖSV) since 1997.
- "A1 company profile" (PDF). Telekom Austria.
- "A1 schreibt Geschichte" (in German). A1 Telekom Austria. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Mobilkom set to launch 3G services in Austria". TeleGeography. 16 April 2003. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Mobilkom to offer 7.2Mbps HSDPA service". TeleGeography. 31 January 2007. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Austria Gets Europe's First HSPA+ Mobile Data Network". cellular-news. 22 March 2009. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Telekom Austria Group Acquires 2.6 GHz Frequencies and starts with LTE in Austria". Telekom Austria Group. 20 September 2010. Archived from the original on 3 February 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "A1 boosts UMTS network with HSPA+ Dual Cell technology". Telecompaper. 15 December 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "3 Austria completes Orange Austria acquisition". Telecompaper. 3 January 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Belarus: Internet Disruptions, Online Censorship". Human Rights Watch. 28 August 2020. Retrieved 1 September 2020.
|This Austria-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|