|Parent||A&C Bus Corporation|
|Headquarters||430 Danforth Avenue|
Jersey City, NJ 07305
|Locale||Jersey City, New Jersey|
|Service area||Jersey City, New Jersey|
|Service type||Local bus service|
|Operator||A&C Bus Corporation|
The A&C Bus Corporation, also known as the Montgomery & Westside Independent Bus Owners Association, is an independent bus company headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey. All buses operated by A&C are known for their solid red line on the side of the bus and the phrase "use the bus card on this bus" on the front of the bus.
Like many other independent bus lines in the state, the fleet is made up of buses leased from New Jersey Transit.
|Year||Make & Model||Length||Picture||Powertrain
(Engine & Transmission)
|38.5 ft (11.73 m)||
||5757, 5759-5760, 5919-5923, 6463-6488
|33 Bergen Avenue ||Curries Woods||Journal Square Transportation Center||Bergen Square
Old Bergen Road
and West Side
|Newport Centre Mall||West Side
|Montgomery Street, West Side Avenue|
|30 Society Hill||Droyer's Point||Journal Square Transportation Center||Sip Avenue, West Side Avenue|
|32 - 440 Shopper||Hudson Mall||Journal Square Transportation Center||Sip Avenue, West Side Avenue|
|Curries Woods||Newport Centre Mall||Ocean Avenue
Grove Street Station
|Discontinued on March 2, 2019|
Bergen Avenue Route
Prior to A&C Bus Corporation's operation of the Bergen Avenue route, the route was operated by Bergen Avenue IBOA. When Bergen Avenue IBOA was unable to make an insurance payment, it abruptly stopped running its only route on March 12, 2011, the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) granted emergency operating authority to A&C Bus Corporation. A&C Bus Corporation began operating the route on March 16, 2011 with no changes in bus fares, however it reduced operating hours to 6:30AM–10:00PM (running every half-hour). Since that time, the owners of Bergen Avenue IBOA stated that it intended on selling the rights to operate the route, however the NJDOT stated the company's rights ceased when it abruptly stopped operating with no warning to passengers.
Prior to A&C Bus Corporation's assuming operations Route 4 was run by Red & Tan in Hudson County, which discontinued service on November 6, 2011. A&C Bus began operating the route between Greenville and Newport Centre Mall shortly after. It discontinued service on March 2, 2019, citing low ridership. New Jersey Transit route 86 was extended to replace part of the route. New Jersey Transit route 1 was also rerouted to replace some of the former Route 4 service along Communipaw and Pacific Avenues beginning on June 22, 2019.
- Thorbourne, Ken (March 16, 2011), "Buses back on the road as A & C Bus Company takes over Bergen Avenue Bus route", The Jersey Journal, retrieved August 1, 2011
- MacDonald, Terrence (October 14, 2011), "Portions of discontinued 4 and 99S bus lines will resume under different operators: officials", The Jersey Journal, retrieved November 23, 2011
- Thorbourne, Ken (March 17, 2011). "Jersey City bus company takes over Bergen Ave. route; service running every half-hour from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m." The Jersey Journal. Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- Elamroussi, Aya (March 10, 2019). "No. 4 bus discontinued in Jersey City: 'We're just stuck'". nj.com. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- "#4". acbuscorp.com. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- Villanova, Patrick. "NJ Transit adding bus service from discontinued No. 4 line in Jersey City". Retrieved June 24, 2019.
|This article about a bus operating company in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transportation in New Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|