|Directed by||Steve Gukas|
|Written by||Paul S. Rowlston|
|Based on||Ebola virus disease in Nigeria|
|Music by||George Kallis|
|Edited by||Antonio Rui Ribeiro|
93 Days is a 2016 Nigerian drama thriller film directed and co-produced by Steve Gukas. The film recounts the 2014 Ebola outbreak in Nigeria and its successful containment by health workers from a Lagos hospital. It stars Bimbo Akintola, Danny Glover and Bimbo Manuel with joint-production through Native FilmWorks, Michel Angelo Production and Bolanle Austen-Peters Production.
93 Days is dedicated to Ameyo Adadevoh, a Nigerian physician who played a key role in the containment of Ebola in Nigeria.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2020)
On 20 July 2014, Patrick Sawyer, a Liberian-American diplomat, arrives in Lagos, Nigeria. He is immediately taken to First Consultants Medical Center after suffering from worsening symptoms. One of his accompanying physicians, Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh, is concerned that he may have Ebola, even though Sawyer denies the suggestion; nevertheless, she decides to quarantine Sawyer and asks her staff to exercise caution when tending to him.
The next afternoon, the test results are returned, and Sawyer is confirmed to have Ebola. Word travels quickly that there is a potential first case Ebola patient in Lagos, and soon news organizations around the world start broadcasting the news. Nigeria immediately begins preparations for an Ebola epidemic.
Dr. Adadevoh meets with Dr. Wasiu Gbadamosi, who is in charge of the Yasu infectious facility, and Dr. David Brett-Major from the World Health Organization. She finds the Yasu facility is under-equipped to handle Ebola patients. On July 25, the physicians discover that Sawyer has died. The First Consultants Medical Center begins enhanced precautions and monitors its staff for Ebola signs and symptoms.
- Seun Ajayi as Dr. Niyi Fadipe
- Bimbo Akintola as Doctor Ameyo Adadevoh
- Zara Udofia Ejoh as Nurse Justina Echelonu
- Keppy Ekpeyong Bassey as Patrick Sawyer
- Charles Etubiebi as Bankole Cardoso
- Danny Glover as Dr. Benjamin Ohiaeri
- Somkele Iyamah-Idhalama as Dr. Ada Igonoh
- Seun Kentebe as Godwin Igonoh
- Alastair Mackenzie as Doctor David Brett-Major
- Bimbo Manuel as Wasiu Gbadamosi
- Charles Okafor as Afolabi Cardoso
- Gideon Okeke as Dr. Morris Ibeawuchi
- Sola Oyebade as The Ambassador
- Tim Reid as Dr. Adeniyi Jones
- "TNS EXCLUSIVE: Nollywood Films Set To Break Box Office Records In 2016". TNS. 18 July 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-08-17. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "Danny Glover, Tim Reid at Unveiling of Ebola Movie '93 Days'". ThisDay Newspaper. 11 September 2015. Archived from the original on 16 October 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Coming Soon…93 Days, A Film on Ebola". ThisDay Newspaper. 23 August 1881. Archived from the original on 25 September 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "93 Days: Filmmakers narrate complexity of Ebola in new movie". The Nation. 26 August 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- 93 Days, retrieved 2020-08-03