Current logo, in use since 2017
|Dusenberry Martin Racing|
|Tom Dusenberry (Co-founder)|
Ed Martin Co-founder)
Colin Smith (President)
704Games Company (formerly known as Dusenberry Martin Racing) is an American video game developer and publisher based in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company acquired the license to be the exclusive developer of NASCAR video games in January 2015, and has since released six console games and two mobile games.
704Games was formed as Dusenberry Martin Racing in January 2015, a subsidiary of HC2 Holdings; HC2 Holdings acquired the license to develop NASCAR video games from Eutechnyx on January 1, 2015. As a result of the acquisition, DMR received NASCAR '15, a video game that Eutechnyx had been developing. On April 13, 2015, Dusenberry Martin Racing secured $8,000,000 in equity capital.
NASCAR '15 was published and released by DMR on May 22, 2015. The company was also beginning development of its first video game, NASCAR Heat Evolution, while collaborating with Monster Games. The game was officially announced on May 20, 2016, and was released on September 13, 2016. In 2017, NASCAR Heat Mobile was released as a soft launch exclusive to Canada on March 8 and was released in the US on April 24. On March 21, an unnamed sequel to NASCAR Heat Evolution was announced, which was later revealed to be named NASCAR Heat 2 and was released September 12. On July 7, 2018, NASCAR Heat 3 was announced with a release date of September 7, 2018.
In August 2018, it was announced Motorsport Network made an investment in 704Games. It was later revealed in March 2019 that Motorsport Network made a majority investment in 704Games. Additionally, Colin Smith, former CEO of Motorsport Network, replaced Ed Martin as President of 704Games while Martin will direct 704Games’ esports initiatives. Paul Brooks will move into a non-executive chairman role. Finally, as part of the Motorsport Network deal, NASCAR extended their video game and esports license with 704Games through 2029.
- NASCAR '15
- NASCAR Heat Evolution
- NASCAR Heat Mobile
- NASCAR Heat 2
- NASCAR Heat 3
- NASCAR Heat 4
- NASCAR Heat 5
- "HC2's Subsidiary DMi, Inc. Acquires Exclusive NASCAR Gaming Rights With Multi-Year Agreement". HC2 Holdings, Inc. January 15, 2015. Archived from the original on September 16, 2016. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- Makuch, Eddie (May 20, 2016). "First NASCAR Game for PS4, Xbox One Announced". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- Good, Owen S. (May 20, 2016). "NASCAR makes current-gen console debut this fall with NASCAR Heat Evolution". Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- "Dusenberry Martin Racing Secures $8,000,000 in Equity Capital - EconoTimes".
- Sturbin, John (April 10, 2015). "NASCAR '15 GAME to launch May 22 at Gamestop". NASCAR.com. Turner Sports and Entertainment Network. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- "Dusenberry Martin Racing announces NASCAR Heat Evolution - NASCAR.com".
- Jensen, Tom. "Dusenberry Martin Racing to unveil new NASCAR video game".
- "Dusenberry Martin Racing Announces NASCAR Heat Evolution". NASCAR.com. Turner Sports and Entertainment Network. May 20, 2016. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- "NASCAR Heat 3 Wiki – Everything You Need To Know About The Game". Retrieved 2019-03-12.
- "Dusenberry Martin Racing Combines with Industry Leader to Create 704Games". American City Business Journals. March 21, 2017. Retrieved March 21, 2017.
- "Motorsport Network | Crunchbase".
- "704Games sees change in leadership structure".