Cover of the first edition.
|Cover artist||Richard Powers|
|Media type||Print (paperback)|
6 Great Short Novels of Science Fiction is an anthology of science fiction short stories edited by Groff Conklin. It was first published in paperback by Dell Books in 1954. The book should not be confused with his similarly titled later anthology, Six Great Short Science Fiction Novels.
The book collects six novellas and novelettes by various science fiction authors, together with an introduction by the editor. The stories were previously published from 1940-1952 in various science fiction and other magazines.
- "Introduction" (Groff Conklin)
- "The Blast" (Stuart Cloete)
- "Coventry" (Robert A. Heinlein)
- "The Other World" (Murray Leinster)
- "Barrier" (Anthony Boucher)
- "Surface Tension" (James Blish)
- "Maturity" (Theodore Sturgeon)
|This article about a science fiction book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|