|43rd Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
Illinois state flag
|Active||October 12, 1861, to November 30, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Shiloh|
Siege of Vicksburg
The regiment was mustered out on November 30, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 8 officers and 75 enlisted men who were killed in action or mortally wounded and 2 officers and 161 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 246 fatalities.
- Colonel Julius Raith - Mortally wounded at Shiloh, died on April 9, 1862.
- Colonel Adolph Englemann - Mustered out on December 31, 1864.
- Lieutenant Colonel Adolph Dengler - mustered out with the regiment.
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf4.htm#43rd The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/043-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|