|20th Aviation Brigade|
Former 20th Aviation Brigade shoulder sleeve insignia
|Active||1997 – present|
|Allegiance||United States Army|
|Part of||35th Infantry Division|
|COL Charles D. Hausman
Previous COL Thomas BursonPrevious COL Mark McLemore
The Combat Aviation Brigade, 35th Infantry Division began as the 635th Aviation Group in October 1988 by granted authority from the National Guard Bureau. Between April and August 1989, the unit assumed command and control of 3rd Battalion, 135th Aviation Regiment, 205th Medical Battalion, and 1st Battalion, 135th Aviation. The unit was officially activated as a component of the Missouri Army National Guard on 16 September 1989.
The 635th Aviation Group was inactivated on 8 August 1993 at Jefferson City Army Aviation Support Facility.
On 24 March 1997, the unit was reorganized and federally recognized as HHC Aviation Brigade, 35th Infantry Division in Warrensburg, Missouri. In 2003, the unit moved to Sedalia, Missouri, and was redesignated the 20th Aviation Brigade (Theater). The unit moved into a new facility at the Missouri State Fairgrounds in Sedalia around October 2005.
On 2 January 2009, the unit was redesignated as HHC, Combat Aviation Brigade, 35th Infantry Division, although it is commonly referred to simply as the "35th CAB."
- 1st Battalion (Attack Reconnaissance), 4th Aviation Regiment (Fort Riley)
- 4th Battalion (Attack Reconnaissance), 4th Aviation Regiment (Fort Carson)
- 1st Battalion (Assault Helicopter), 108th Aviation Regiment (Kansas National Guard)
- 2d Battalion (General Support), 211th Aviation Regiment (Utah National Guard)
- Company D, 10th Aviation Regiment, CAB, 10th Mountain Division (Fort Drum)
- Company F, 1st Battalion, 227th Aviation Regiment, CAB, 1st Cavalry Division (Fort Hood)
- 935th Aviation Support Battalion (Missouri National Guard)
Soldiers are from 14 states' National Guard: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Vermont.
The current configuration is as follows:
- 1st Battalion, 106th Aviation Regiment, Fort Leonard Wood
- Company B, 1st Battalion, 134th Aviation Regiment, Jefferson City, Missouri
- 1st Battalion, 135th Aviation Regiment, Whiteman Air Force Base
- 3rd Battalion, 135th Aviation Regiment, Lebanon, Missouri
- Detachment 3, Company I, 185th Aviation Regiment, (C23) Springfield, Missouri
- Detachment 40, Operations Support Airlift Command (OSACOM), Jefferson City
- 935th Aviation Support Battalion (935th ASB), Springfield
- Company C, 1st Battalion, 108th Aviation Regiment
|This United States Army article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|