The 31 Tannery Project, located in Branchburg, New Jersey, in the United States, serves as the corporate headquarters for Ferreira Construction, the Ferreira Group, and Noveda Technologies. The 42,000-square-foot (3,900 m2) office and shop building was constructed in 2006 and is the 1st building in the state of New Jersey to meet New Jersey's Executive Order 54. The building is also the first Net Zero Electric Commercial Building in the United States.
- 1 Building Details
- 2 Building energy monitoring
- 3 Building Recognition
- 4 References
- 5 Sources
- 6 External links
Renewable Energy System
- DC solar photovoltaic system of 1,276 solar panels.
- Two 100 kW AC 277/480 V three phase solar inverters.
- Nine miles of radiant heat (80 zones).
- 96% efficient condensing boiler plant.
- High performance rooftop units.
- Solar domestic hot water.
- Integrated Web based direct digital controls system and pervasive voice/data/video system with kiosk displays.
Backup Energy System
- Transfer switch for a future 200 kW gas-fired emergency generator.
Building energy monitoring
- Facilimetrix graphically depicts the buildings room temperature readings and hot water temperature readings in real-time.
Carbon Footprint Monitor
- Carbon Footprint Monitor graphically depicts the buildings impact on the environment in real-time.
State of New Jersey
- New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine presented the New Jersey Clean Energy Market Innovator Award
- EnergyStar certification with a previously unheard of perfect rating of 100.
- Kauffman, Tim (August 4, 2008). "Net zero electric building is model for federal facilities" (PDF). Federal Times. p. 10. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-06-10. Retrieved February 14, 2011.
- ASHRAE High Performing Buildings, ASHRAE High Performing Buildings (PDF), retrieved 2008-10-17[permanent dead link]
- Energy Star, ENERGY STAR Labeled Buildings and Plants, retrieved 2008-10-17
- Reuters, Ferreira Construction Building Maintains 'First Net Zero Electric' Status, retrieved 2008-07-14
- Realcomm, Breaking the Net Zero Energy Barrier: The "31 Tannery Project", archived from the original on 2011-07-15, retrieved 2008-11-15
- ARTBA, ARTBA Foundation Recognizes Transportation Construction Industry Environmental Excellence, archived from the original on 2008-05-26, retrieved 2008-05-20
- NJN. YouTube. Branchburg NJ.
- Federal Times article
- ASHRAE High Performing Buildings[permanent dead link]
- Noveda Technologies
- "Cutting the Electric Cord" article
- "Embracing Renewable Energy" article
- NJ Board of Public Utilities[permanent dead link]