This article does not cite any sources. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ab urbe condita||965|
|Balinese saka calendar||133–134|
|Chinese calendar||辛卯年 (Metal Rabbit)|
2908 or 2848
— to —
壬辰年 (Water Dragon)
2909 or 2849
|Coptic calendar||−72 – −71|
|- Vikram Samvat||268–269|
|- Shaka Samvat||133–134|
|- Kali Yuga||3312–3313|
|Iranian calendar||410 BP – 409 BP|
|Islamic calendar||423 BH – 422 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1700 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||523/524 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||754–755|
338 or −43 or −815
— to —
339 or −42 or −814
Year 212 (CCXII) was a leap year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Asper and Camilius (or, less frequently, year 965 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 212 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years. 212 (CCXII) was a leap year starting on Wednesday of the Julian calendar, the 212th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 212th year of the 1st millennium, the 12th year of the 3rd century, and the 3rd year of the 210s decade. As of the start of 212, the Gregorian calendar was in agreement with the Julian calendar, which was the dominant calendar of the time.
- The edict of emperor Caracalla (Constitutio Antoniniana) extends Roman citizenship to all free inhabitants of the Roman Empire with the exception of a limited group that may include Egyptians. The Jewish people are among those who receive citizenship. All free women in the Empire are given the same rights as Roman women.
- Roman jurist Aemilius Papinianus, one of the famous jurists who flourished during the reign of the late emperor Septimius Severus, refuses to write a legal defence for the murder of Caracalla's brother, Publius Septimius Geta. He is beheaded in Rome, in Caracalla's presence.
- Caracalla quiets the objections of the Roman army to Geta's murder by huge donations.
- Construction begins on the Baths of Caracalla in Rome.
- Edessa in Mesopotamia becomes a Roman province.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2017)
- Ma Teng, Chinese general and warlord of the Eastern Han dynasty
- Serenus Sammonicus, poet and physician
- Papinianus, Roman jurist and Praetorian prefect under Septimius Severus (b. 142)
- Xun Yu, Chinese statesman of the Eastern Han dynasty (b. 163)