|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2024.|
2024 (MMXXIV) will be a leap year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2024th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 24th year of the 3rd millennium, the 24th year of the 21st century, and the 5th year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- March 25 – March 2024 lunar eclipse.
- April 8 – Total solar eclipse (Central Pacific Ocean, northern Mexico, eastern, southwestern and central United States, southeastern Canada and northern Atlantic Ocean).
- May 26 – Comet 9P/Tempel 1 will pass 0.55 AU from Jupiter and may break apart at that time due to gravitational forces.
- August 2–18 – The 2024 Summer Olympics will be held in Paris, France.
- September 4–15 – The 2024 Summer Paralympics will be held in Paris, France.
- September 18 – September 2024 lunar eclipse.
- September – SpaceX founder and entrepreneur Elon Musk plans to send the first crewed Starship to Mars, paving the way to human colonization.
- October 2 – Solar eclipse of October 2, 2024.
- "Past, Present, and Future Orbits by Kazuo Kinoshita". Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Wharton, David. "Los Angeles makes deal to host 2028 Summer Olympics". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- "Earth to Mars". Clowder.net. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- Titcomb, James (September 29, 2017). "Mars City: Human missions to space colony will start in 2024, Elon Musk says". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved July 30, 2018.