|Host city||Dakar, Senegal|
|Events||244 in 35 sports|
|Stadium||New Main Stadium|
The 2022 Summer Youth Olympics, officially known as the IV Summer Youth Olympic Games (French: Les IVème Jeux Olympiques de la jeunesse d'été), and commonly known as Dakar 2022 will be the fourth edition of the Summer Youth Olympics, an international sports, education and cultural festival for teenagers, in a city designated by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). It will be held in Dakar, Senegal for 18 days from 22 October to 9 November 2022, becoming the first IOC event to be held in Africa.
Originally scheduled to be held in 2022, at the 127th IOC Session it was decided to move the organisation of the YOG to a non-Olympic year, starting with the 4th Summer Youth Olympic Games, to be postponed from 2022 to 2023. Subsequently the IOC have reverted to a 2022 date, and announced in February 2018 that they would be recommending that the event be held in Africa. The 132nd IOC Session confirmed the change of date back to 2022. The host was announced at the 133rd IOC Session in Buenos Aires, Argentina during the 2018 edition.
|2022 Youth Olympic Games bidding results|
Venues and infrastructure
- Dakar Olympic Club – tennis, and other indoor sports existing
- Dakar Olympic Swimming Pool – diving, swimming, 3x3 basketball existing
- Iba Mar Diop Stadium – athletics, beach handball, football, rugby sevens existing
- Dakar National Wrestling Arena – wrestling, and other combat sports / 20,000 existing
- New Main Stadium – TBA / 50,000 new
- Dakar Arena – indoor sports / 15,000 existing
- Dakar Expo Center (5 halls) – indoor sports new
- Mbow University ��� TBA new
- Mbow University Youth Olympic Village – Olympic Village new
The city of Saly will host of water sports, beach sports and golf.
The 2022 Summer Youth Olympics will feature 244 events in 35 sports. The International Olympic Committee approved the game programme. Breakdancing, skateboarding, climbing, surfing and karate will join the 28 core sports. There will be 13 mixed team events, 1 open event (Equestrian), 115 men's events, and 115 women's events. Baseball5 and wushu were subsequently added.
- Archery (2+1)
- Athletics (38)
- Badminton (2+1)
- Baseball5 (1)
- 3x3 basketball (4)
- Boxing (10)
- Breakdancing (2)
- Beach sprint (4)
- Beach slalom (4)
- BMX freestyle (2)
- Road cycling (4+1)
- Equestrian (1)
- Fencing (6)
- Futsal (2)
- Golf (2+1)
- Artistic (12)
- Rhythmic (2)
- Beach handball (2)
- Field hockey5s (2)
- Judo (8)
- Karate (6)
- Modern pentathlon (2+1)
- Coastal rowing (4+1)
- Rugby sevens (2)
- Sailing (6)
- Shooting (4+2)
- Skateboarding (2)
- Sport climbing (2)
- Surfing (2)
- Table tennis (2+1)
- Taekwondo (10+1)
- Tennis (4+1)
- Triathlon (2+1)
- Beach volleyball (2)
- Weightlifting (12)
- Beach (8)
- Freestyle (10)
- Wushu (4)
No demonstration sports have been confirmed but it is feasible, depending on Organising Committee.
- "Olympic Agenda 2020" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 May 2015.
- "IOC President Thomas Bach reports on the Youth Olympic Games 2022". International Olympic Committee. 4 February 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
the Executive Board wants these youth Olympic Games 2022 to take place in Africa. Therefore the EB decided today to propose to the session to make the african continent a strong priority ...
- "132nd International Olympic Committee Session: Day two". insidethegames.biz. 7 February 2018. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Le Sénégal organisera les Jeux olympiques de la jeunesse 2022". 8 October 2018. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Summer Youth Olympic Games programme at Dakar 2022 featuring 28 core sports set to be confirmed next year". 17 October 2018. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Goh, ZK (4 December 2019). "Dakar 2022 Youth Olympics to feature total gender equality". olympic channel. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- International Olympic Committee. "Youth Olympic Games Dakar 2022 - Sports and Events Programme" (PDF). Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "Baseball5 and wushu added to Dakar 2022 programme as IOC announce date change". www.insidethegames.biz. 8 January 2020. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
- "แพลนบี คว้าสิทธิ์ถ่ายทอดสดโอลิมปิก 2020 ที่ประเทศญี่ปุ่น". Brandinside. brandinside.asia. 5 August 2019. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
| Summer Youth Olympic Games
IV Youth Olympiad (2022)