|2020 XFL Draft|
|Date(s)||October 15–16, 2019|
|Time||10:00 AM ET|
|560 total selections in 70 rounds|
The 2020 XFL Draft was the inaugural player selection process to fill the rosters of the eight teams of the 2020 reboot of the XFL. The draft was held on October 15–16, 2019, via conference call, with results released through the XFL's social media channels.
The XFL player allocation process was held in multiple phases, separated by position groups. The league used a "snake" format in each phase, in which the draft order reversed with each round. The draft order was shuffled for each phase as predetermined through lotteries. A draft pool of 1,000 eligible players was announced in 200-player installments the week before the draft. The first three phases took place on October 15, with the final two phases occurring on October 16. Teams were given 90 seconds to make each pick.
Each XFL team's manager-coach submitted a list of their preferred quarterbacks, with the league assigning one quarterback to each team prior to the draft as "tier 1" quarterbacks; if multiple teams requested the same player, the league resolved any disputes.
- Phase 1: offensive skill positions (other quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, and tight ends)—10 rounds
- Phase 2: offensive linemen (offensive tackles, guards, and centers)—10 rounds
- Phase 3: defensive front seven players (defensive linemen and linebackers)—10 rounds
- Phase 4: defensive backs (cornerbacks and safeties)—10 rounds
- Phase 5: open draft (any position)—30 rounds. Special teams players (including long snapper, punter, placekicker) have no separate position phase and are relegated to the open pool.
A supplemental draft was held November 22, 2019, with 66 additional players selected.
Tier 1 quarterback allocations
- Regular draft
- Supplemental draft
|Los Angeles Wildcats||Josh Johnson||QB||San Diego|
|St. Louis BattleHawks||Taylor Heinicke||QB||Old Dominion|
|Seattle Dragons||Chase Litton||QB||Marshall|
Phase 1: skill players
Phase 2: offensive line
Phase 3: defensive front seven
Phase 4: defensive backs
Phase 5: open draft
The open draft phase consisted of 30 rounds, but the XFL only released the results sorted by team and position without draft positions.
- Allen, Kevin (October 11, 2019). "XFL draft will include players you know: Most potential picks have NFL background". USAToday.com. Retrieved October 14, 2019.
- Axelrod, Joshua (October 14, 2019). "XFL draft pool full of ex-Steelers and players with local ties". Post-Gazette.com. Retrieved October 14, 2019.
- Seifert, Kevin (October 14, 2019). "XFL draft preview: Top QBs, former NFL players and college stars to know". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 14, 2019.
- "XFL Draft picks 2019: Complete results, rosters, players for new football league". Sportingnews. October 21, 2019. Retrieved October 21, 2019.
- "XFL Gets Social with Player Draft". XFL.com. October 7, 2019. Retrieved October 7, 2019.
- Seifert, Kevin (October 7, 2019). "XFL teams to pick 71 players each in first draft". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 7, 2019.