|2018 FIA Junior World Rally Championship|
FIA World Rally Championship
FIA World Rally Championship-2
FIA World Rally Championship-3
The 2018 FIA Junior World Rally Championship was the seventeenth season of the Junior World Rally Championship, an auto racing championship recognised by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile, running in support of the World Rally Championship.
The Junior World Rally Championship was open to drivers under the age of 30—although no such restriction existed for co-drivers—and they were competing in identical one-litre Ford Fiesta R2s built and maintained by M-Sport. Crews who contested the Junior World Rally Championship were also eligible to score points in the World Rally Championship-3. The championship was competed over five selected WRC rounds with the winning crew awarded a new Ford Fiesta R5 car, tyre package, free fuel and a registration to compete in the 2019 World Rally Championship-2.
The final 2018 Junior World Rally Championship calendar consisted of five events, taken from the 2018 World Rally Championship.
|Round||Dates||Rally name||Rally headquarters||Rally details|
|1||15 February||18 February||Rally Sweden||Torsby, Värmland||Snow||19||314.25 km|
|2||5 April||8 April||Tour de Corse||Bastia, Haute-Corse||Tarmac||12||333.48 km|
|3||17 May||20 May||Rally de Portugal||Matosinhos, Porto||Gravel||20||358.19 km|
|4||26 July||29 July||Rally Finland||Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi||Gravel||23||317.26 km|
|5||13 September||16 September||Rally Turkey||Marmaris, Muğla||Gravel||17||312.44 km|
The championship started in Sweden for the first time since 2006. The Rally of Poland was removed from the calendar after the event was taken off the World Championship schedule, while the Rallies of Deutschland and Rally Catalunya were also removed from the schedule and replaced by the Rally of Turkey. The changes were made to create a more compact championship with an earlier end date whilst giving drivers experience on a wider range of surface types.
The following crews competed in the championship.
|Umberto Accornero||Maurizio Barone||2–4|
|Raul Badiu||Gabriel Lazar||5|
|Bugra Banaz||Burak Erdener||2–5|
|Emil Bergkvist||Ola Fløene||1–2|
|Luca Bottarelli||Manuel Fenoli||1–5|
|Théo Chalal||Jacques-Julien Renucci||1|
|Callum Devine||Keith Moriarty||1–2|
|Emilio Fernández||Joaquin Riquelme||1–5|
|Terry Folb||Christopher Guieu||1–2|
|Jean-Baptiste Franceschi||Romain Courbon||1–5|
|Henri Hokkala||Kimmo Pahkala||4|
|David Holder||Jason Farmer||1–5|
|Enrico Oldrati||Danilo Fappani||1–4|
|Elia De Guio||5|
|Dennis Rådström||Johan Johansson||1–5|
|Julius Tannert||Jürgen Heigl||1–5|
|Ken Torn||Kuldar Sikk||1, 3–5|
|Tom Williams||Phil Hall||1–5|
Results and standings
|Round||Event||Winning driver||Winning co-driver||Winning time||Report|
|1||Rally Sweden||Dennis Rådström||Johan Johansson||3:16:26.0||Report|
|2||Tour de Corse||Jean-Baptiste Franceschi||Romain Courbon||3:56:28.7||Report|
|3||Rally de Portugal||Dennis Rådström||Johan Johansson||4:26:51.2||Report|
|4||Rally Finland||Ken Torn||Kuldar Sikk||3:03:07.2||Report|
|5||Rally Turkey||Emil Bergkvist||Patrik Barth||4:40:03.2||Report|
FIA Junior World Rally Championship for Drivers
Points are awarded to the top ten classified finishers. An additional point is given for every stage win.
FIA Junior World Rally Championship for Co-Drivers
- "Global support for Junior WRC". wrc.com. WRC Promoter GmbH. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "2018 Junior WRC takes shape". wrc.com. WRC Promoter GmbH. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "M-Sport announce further details for 2018 FIA Junior World Rally Championship". m-sport.co.uk. M-Sport World Rally Team. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Junior WRC Calendar". wrc.com. WRC Promoter GmbH. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- Evans, David (7 August 2017). "Turkey and Croatia set for 2018 World Rally Championship calendar". autosport.com. Motorsport Network. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Rally Sweden Entry List". rallysweden.com. Rally Sweden. 16 January 2018. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "Corsica linea Tour de Corse 2018 Entry List" (PDF). tourdecorse.com. tourdecorse.com. 15 March 2018. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Vodafone Rally de Portugal 2018 Entry List" (PDF). rallydeportugal.pt. rallydeportugal.pt. 7 May 2018. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "Rally Finland 2018 Entry List" (PDF). nesterallyfinland.fi. nesterallyfinland.fi. 29 June 2018. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "Rally Turkey 2018 Entry List" (PDF). rallyturkey.com. rallyturkey.com. 22 August 2018. Retrieved 23 August 2018.