|2017 Stock Car Brasil Championship|
2017 Brasileiro de Marcas
2017 Brasileiro de Turismo
2017 Mercedes-Benz Challenge
The 2017 Stock Car Brasil Championship is the thirty-ninth season of the Stock Car Brasil. The season marks the exit of Peugeot. The manufacturer entered in the series in 2007 and won the championship five times, including the last two seasons.
Teams and drivers
Peugeot retired as manufacturer for the 2017. Therefore, all teams compete with a Chevrolet Cruze Stock Car.
- A. Mattheis Motorsport, which had raced under the Red Bull sponsorship and name, will now be sponsored by Ipiranga, which left RCM after five seasons.
- Rodolpho Mattheis, who is the son of Andreas Mattheis, will have a new partner this season alongside his father. Xandy Negrão entered at R. Mattheis Motorsport changing his name to RX Mattheis Motorsport. After five seasons, RX and Shell Racing parted, with RX Mattheis Motorsport receiving the name and sponsor of Prati-Donaduzzi, that did not compete in 2016 and Shell Racing still in the series after concretized a partnership with TMG Motorsport.
- After only one season, ProGP and Full Time broke up. Duda Pamplona owner of ProGP started a partnership with remaining team's two times champion Cimed Racing. The team is called Cimed Racing Team, a customer team of Cimed Racing. Full Time Sports started a partnership with Bassani Racing (União Quimica Bassani in 2015 and 2016) creating Full Time Bassani (HERO Motorsport for sponsor). FTS also created a new team called Full Time Academy, a junior team of Full Time Sports expanding to six cars. Having sold his cars to FTS, RZ Motorsport of Ricardo Zonta will not return in 2017, after a difficult season in 2016.
- Blau pharmacy entered the series after purchasing the cars of Boettger Competições that did not compete in 2016 and created a new team called Blau Motorsport.
- C2 Team and Mico's Racing left the series this season.
- Átila Abreu and Ricardo Zonta switched from RX Mattheis-Shell Racing to TMG-Shell Racing. Abreu returned from the team that he competed between 2009 and 2014.
- Cacá Bueno and Daniel Serra left Red Bull Racing-A.Mattheis. Bueno joined remaining two times champion Cimed Racing and Serra after ten seasons with Red Bull joined Eurofarma RC.
- Thiago Camilo and Galid Osman left Ipiranga-RCM to join Ipiranga-A.Mattheis.
- Max Wilson was relocated to RCM, the customer team of Eurofarma RC.
- Júlio Campos will race for RX Mattheis-Prati-Donaduzzi after one year in your own team C2. Antonio Pizzonia returned as a partner of Campos after competing in first round in 2016 as wildcard.
- Felipe Lappena switched from Bardahl Hot Car to Cavaleiro Racing. Rafael Suzuki will be your partner after moves from Vogel Motorsport
- Valdeno Brito and Gustavo Lima left TMG Motorsport. Brito will race for Eisenbahn Racing Team and Lima to Bardahl Hot Car.
- Tuka Rocha raced part-time in 2016 at TMG Motorsport and RZ Motorsport, in 2017 he will race to RCM.
- Gabriel Casagrande switched from C2 Team to Vogel Motorsport. Guilherme Salas will be the partner of Casagrande after left RZ Motorsport.
- Felipe Fraga, who won the 2016 championship was relocated to Cimed Racing Team, the satellite team of Cimed Racing. Denis Navarro, who raced for Vogel Motorsport in 2016, will be your partner.
- Sérgio Jimenez left Cavaleiro Racing to joined Bardahl Hot Car.
- Bia Figueiredo left União Química Bassani to joined the Full Time Academy. Lucas Foresti will be your partner. Foresti still in FTS program, but, now in the junior team.
- Alberto Valério returned for the series after six seasons and joined Full Time Bassani.
- César Ramos left RZ Motorsport and will race for Blau Motorsport in 2017. Two times Stock Car Brasil second-tier champion, Márcio Campos will be Ramos partner.
- Nestor Girolami will not return to 2016. He will focus on Polestar Cyan Racing at World Touring Car Championship. Thiago Marques, Luciano Burti, Danilo Dirani, Felipe Guimarães, Raphael Abbate, Alceu Feldmann, Fábio Carbone, Beto Cavaleiro, Popó Bueno and Xandinho Negrão also will not return for the season.
- Mico's Racing returned for the series at 9ª Corrida do Milhão Pirelli with Fórmula Truck driver Beto Monteiro. Renato Braga debut in the series at Goiânia.
- Felipe Fraga changed his number at 9ª Corrida do Milhão Pirelli, from 88 to 40. Diego Nunes, also changed his number in the last round from 70 to 88.
- Portuguese driver António Félix da Costa replaced Alberto Valério at 11° round. In the last round Augusto Farfus raced.
Race calendar and results
The 2017 schedule was announced on 20 December 2016. On March 20, 2017, the calendar was revised with the return of Cascavel and the announcement that the first race would not be held with wildcard drivers. All races take place in Brazil except one round at Autódromo Juan y Óscar Gálvez in Argentina next to the Super TC2000 Argentina in the 200 km stage of Buenos Aires. For the first time, the Corrida do Milhão took place at Autódromo Internacional de Curitiba sponsored by Pirelli, the sponsor of the whole series.
- Points system
Points are awarded for each race at an event to the driver/s of a car that completed at least 75% of the race distance and was running at the completion of the race.
- Feature races: Used for the first race of each event.
- Sprint races: Used for the second race of each event, with partially reversed (top ten) grid.
- Million Race: Used for One Million dollars race.
- Final race: Used for the last round of the season with double points.
Bold – Pole position
- "Cimed fica com Gomes e confirma contratação de Cacá Bueno para temporada 2017 da Stock Car". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 9 September 2016. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Com Pizzonia e Campos, Prati-Donaduzzi volta à Stock Car como patrocinadora da equipe de Rodolpho Mattheis". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 17 November 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "Bia deixa Bassani após três anos e assina com Full Time para disputar temporada 2017 da Stock Car". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 17 March 2017. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "ATUAL VENCEDOR DO MILHÃO, FELIPE FRAGA USARÁ NÚMERO 40". stockcar.esp.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 30 June 2017. Retrieved 30 June 2017.[permanent dead link]
- "Dona de cinco títulos em dez temporadas, Red Bull anuncia saída da Stock Car ao fim do campeonato de 2016". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 5 September 2016. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Com Ipiranga, Camilo e Galid deixam RCM e assinam com equipe de Andreas Mattheis para 2017 na Stock Car". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 15 October 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Eurofarma renova com Wilson e Maurício e anuncia terceiro carro com Serra na RCM na temporada 2017 da Stock Car". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 14 October 2016. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Farmacêutica Blau dá nome a nova equipe da Stock Car e chama dupla gaúcha Ramos e Campos em 2017". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 20 March 2017. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- "FULL TIME BASSANI CONFIRMADA NO GRID". stockcar.esp.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 29 March 2017. Retrieved 29 March 2017.[permanent dead link]
- "Depois de seis anos, Valério retorna à Stock Car com acordo com Full Time para temporada 2017". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 29 March 2017. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "HERO 'faz a Toro Rosso', saca Valério e aproveita últimas etapas da Stock Car como vestibular para 2018". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 25 October 2017. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- "No aniversário do tri de Piquet, Hero homenageia e corre com pintura inspirada na Williams de 1987 em Interlagos". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 7 November 2017. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "HERO inicia 'vestibular' por vaga para temporada 2018 e decide chamar Félix da Costa para etapa de Goiânia". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 6 November 2017. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- "Farfus volta ao grid da Stock Car e disputa etapa final da temporada 2017 em Interlagos pela HERO". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 29 November 2017. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "Com Átila e Zonta na TMG, Valdeno se garante e fecha com equipe de Carlos Alves para 2017 na Stock Car". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Stock Car anuncia calendário de 2017 com retorno à Argentina, data para Brasília e estreia no Vello Città". grandepremio.uol.com.br/. December 20, 2016. Retrieved December 20, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Stock Car altera calendário e anuncia push-to-pass "visível"". br.motorsport.com/. March 20, 2017. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- "PIRELLI SERÁ PRINCIPAL PATROCINADORA DA CORRIDA DO MILHÃO". stockcar.esp.br/. June 28, 2017. Retrieved June 28, 2017.[permanent dead link]
- "Curitiba será palco da Corrida do Milhão pela primeira vez na história". mundodavelocidade.com. May 17, 2017. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- "STOCK CAR AUMENTA POTÊNCIA DOS MOTORES". stockcar.esp.br/#home. November 6, 2017. Retrieved November 13, 2017.[permanent dead link]
- "GOIÂNIA 500: VOTAÇÃO ABERTA PARA O HERO PUSH". stockcar.esp.br/#home. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 13 November 2017. Retrieved 13 November 2017.[permanent dead link]
- Official website (in Portuguese)