|Dates||5–8 November 2015|
|Course(s)||Sheshan Golf Club|
|Length||7,261 yards (6,639 m)|
The 2015 WGC-HSBC Champions was a golf tournament played from 5–8 November 2015 at the Sheshan Golf Club in Shanghai, China. It was the seventh WGC-HSBC Champions tournament, and the fourth of four World Golf Championships events held in 2015.
Russell Knox won by 2 strokes from Kevin Kisner. Danny Willett had a last round 62 to finish joint third with Ross Fisher, a further stroke behind. Knox was playing in his first WGC event and became the first Scot to win a World Golf Championship. Knox had only earned entry as third alternate.
The following is a list of players who qualified for the 2015 WGC-HSBC Champions. The criteria for invitation differed from 2014, with a move towards the leaders in points lists rather than tournament winners. Players who qualify from multiple categories are listed in the first category in which they are eligible with the other qualifying categories in parentheses next to the player's name.
- 2. Winners of the previous four World Golf Championships
- 3. Top 50 from the OWGR on 19 October
Kiradech Aphibarnrat (5), Daniel Berger (4), Paul Casey (4), Sergio García (5), Branden Grace (5), Emiliano Grillo, Thongchai Jaidee (5), Martin Kaymer (5), Chris Kirk, Kevin Kisner (4), Søren Kjeldsen (5), Anirban Lahiri (5), Danny Lee (4), Marc Leishman, David Lingmerth, Hunter Mahan, Hideki Matsuyama (4), Kevin Na (4), Louis Oosthuizen (4,5), Scott Piercy (4), Patrick Reed (4), Charl Schwartzel (5), Adam Scott, Henrik Stenson (4,5), Robert Streb (4), Andy Sullivan (5), Lee Westwood, Bernd Wiesberger (5), Danny Willett (5), Gary Woodland
- Jim Furyk (4), Bill Haas (4), Charley Hoffman (4), J. B. Holmes (4), Billy Horschel, Brooks Koepka (4), Matt Kuchar (4), Phil Mickelson, Ryan Palmer, Justin Rose (4,5), Brandt Snedeker (4), and Jimmy Walker (4) did not play
- 4. Top 30 from the final 2015 FedEx Cup points list (if there are less than five available players, players beyond 30th will be selected to increase the number to five)
- Bae Sang-moon did not play due to military service
- 5. Top 30 from the Race to Dubai as of 26 October
An Byeong-hun, Luke Donald, Ross Fisher, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Tommy Fleetwood, David Howell, Miguel Ángel Jiménez, James Morrison, Alexander Norén, Thorbjørn Olesen, Thomas Pieters, Marc Warren, Chris Wood
- George Coetzee did not play
- 6. The leading four available players from the Asian Tour Order of Merit as of 26 October
- 7. The leading two available players from the Japan Golf Tour Order of Merit as of 26 October
- Yuta Ikeda did not play
- 8. The leading two available players from the final 2014 PGA Tour of Australasia Order of Merit
- 9. The leading two available players from the final 2014 Sunshine Tour Order of Merit
- 10. Six players from China
- 11. Alternates, if needed to fill the field of 78 players
- The next available player on the Orders of Merit of the Asian Tour, Japan Golf Tour, Sunshine Tour, and PGA Tour of Australasia, ranked in order of their position in the OWGR as of 19 October
- Next available player, not otherwise exempt, from Race to Dubai as of 26 October, OWGR as of 19 October, FedEx Cup list:
Nationalities in the field
|North America (17)||South America (1)||Europe (27)||Oceania (11)||Asia (16)||Africa (6)|
|Canada (1)||Argentina (1)||England (13)||Australia (10)||China (6)||South Africa (6)|
|United States (16)||Northern Ireland (1)||New Zealand (1)||India (2)|
|Scotland (2)||Japan (3)|
|Ireland (1)||South Korea (2)|
|Austria (1)||Malaysia (1)|
|Belgium (1)||Thailand (2)|
Past champions in the field
|Player||Country||Year won||R1||R2||R3||R4||Total||To par||Finish|
|Dustin Johnson||United States||2013||65||71||65||71||272||−16||T5|
|Bubba Watson||United States||2014||68||73||68||72||281||−7||T35|
- Note: the HSBC Champions became a WGC event in 2009; winners before this are not listed.
Thursday, 5 November 2015
|1||Branden Grace||South Africa||63||−9|
|Kevin Kisner||United States|
|T5||Dustin Johnson||United States||65||−7|
|Patrick Reed||United States|
|Harris English||United States|
|Trevor Fisher Jnr||South Africa|
Friday, 6 November 2015
Kevin Kisner shot a second-round 66 to take a two stroke lead over Russell Knox, who shot the low round of the day, 65. First-round leader Branden Grace shot a 71 to fall to third place, four strokes behind Kisner. Li Haotong, of China, moved up the leaderboard to a tie for 4th with a second-round 69.
|1||Kevin Kisner||United States||64-66=130||−14|
|3||Branden Grace||��South Africa||63-71=134||−10|
|Patrick Reed||United States||66-70=135|
|T6||Dustin Johnson||United States||65-71=136||−8|
|Hunter Mahan||United States||68-68=136|
|T9||An Byeong-hun||South Korea||69-68=137||−7|
|Louis Oosthuizen||South Africa||68-69=137|
Saturday, 7 November 2015
Sunday, 8 November 2015
Third round play did not finish Saturday due to Russell Knox choosing not to play the last hole due to darkness. When he finished his hole on Sunday, he was tied for the lead with Kevin Kisner at 16-under-par. They were one stroke ahead of Dustin Johnson and Li Haotong.
|T1||Kevin Kisner||United States||64-66-70=200||−16|
|T3||Dustin Johnson||United States||65-71-65=201||−15|
|Patrick Reed||United States||65-70-68=203|
|Jordan Spieth||United States||68-72-63=203|
|T8||Branden Grace||South Africa||63-71-70=204||−12|
Sunday, 8 November 2015
|Place||Player||Country||Score||To par||Prize money (US$)|
|2||Kevin Kisner||United States||64-66-70-70=270||−18||850,000|
|T5||Branden Grace||South Africa||63-71-70-68=272||−16||276,500|
|Dustin Johnson||United States||65-71-65-71=272|
|Patrick Reed||United States||65-70-68-70=273|
|Jordan Spieth||United States||68-72-63-70=273|
Cumulative tournament scores, relative to par
- "Russell Knox shoots 68 to win first PGA Tour title at HSBC Champions". ESPN. Associated Press. 8 November 2015.
- "The Field". HSBC Champions. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "WGC-HSBC Champions: Entry List". PGA European Tour. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- "Branden Grace leads; Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth, Bubba Watson shoot 68". ESPN. Associated Press. 5 November 2015.
- "Kevin Kisner opens 2-shot lead at HSBC Champions". ESPN. Associated Press. 6 November 2015.
- "Jordan Spieth eyes Shanghai prize as Rory McIlroy battles on". ESPN. Associated Press. 7 November 2015.
- "World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions". ESPN. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Coverage on Asian Tour's official site
- Coverage on European Tour's official site
- Coverage on PGA Tour's official site