|Date||February 21, 2015|
|City||Santa Clara, California|
The 2015 NHL Stadium Series was an outdoor regular season National Hockey League (NHL) game, part of the Stadium Series of games held at football or baseball stadiums. The Los Angeles Kings played against the San Jose Sharks at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California on February 21, 2015. This was the only game in the Stadium Series during the 2014–15 NHL regular season (as opposed to multiple games in 2014 and 2016). The game coincided with NBC Sports' "Hockey Day in America" coverage, and aired on NBCSN in the United States, while it was the second game of CBC's Hockey Night in Canada doubleheader.
The Kings defeated the Sharks 2–1 on a goal by Marian Gaborik early in the third period to extend the Kings' winning streak to seven games, while the Sharks fell to 2–5–1 in their last eight games. With the victory, the Kings overtook the Sharks for the final wild card spot in the Western Conference.
After the success of the 2014 NHL Stadium Series game at Dodger Stadium, it was widely rumored that there was going to be an outdoor game in Northern California with Levi's Stadium, AT&T Park and Stanford Stadium as the three most likely options to host the outdoor game. On August 6, 2014, it was officially announced that Levi's Stadium was going to host the game between the Sharks and the Kings. The NHL was originally reportedly looking to hold four outdoor games, including the Winter Classic. Besides Levi's Stadium, other possible sites for the Stadium Series games included Coors Field (Denver), Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Massachusetts), Target Field (Minneapolis), Beaver Stadium (Pennsylvania State University), and an as-yet-unnamed venue in the Phoenix area. Foxborough, Minneapolis and Denver will instead host 2016 outdoor contests.
|Feb 21, 2015||Los Angeles Kings||2–1||San Jose Sharks||Levi's Stadium||Recap|
Kings goalie Jonathan Quick stopped 31 of 32 shots in the win. Kyle Clifford got Los Angeles on the board first at 2:46 in the first period. Brent Burns then scored the equalizer for the Sharks at 18:56 late in the first period. After a scoreless second period, Marian Gaborik scored at 4:04 in the third period in what proved to be the game-winning goal for the Kings.
|1st||LAK||Kyle Clifford (3)||Jake Muzzin (21)||2:46||1–0 LAK|
|SJS||Brent Burns (16)||Tommy Wingels (15)||18:56||1–1|
|3rd||LAK||Marian Gaborik (17)||Jeff Carter (28)||4:04||2–1 LAK|
- Number in parenthesis represents the player's total in goals or assists to that point of the season
|LAK||Jake Muzzin||Delaying Game Puck over glass||18:54||2:00|
|Three star selections|
|1st||LAK||Jonathan Quick||31 saves|
|2nd||SJS||Brent Burns||1 goal|
|3rd||LAK||Marian Gaborik||1 goal|
- ^ Martin Jones and Alex Stalock dressed as the back up goaltenders. Neither entered the game.
- Los Angeles Kings: Andy Andreoff, Alec Martinez, Derek Forbort
- San Jose Sharks: Mirco Mueller, Chris Tierney, Barclay Goodrow
- NHL Winter Classic
- NHL Heritage Classic
- List of outdoor ice hockey games
- 2014 NHL Stadium Series
- Kings–Sharks rivalry
- Scooby Axson (6 August 2014). "San Jose Sharks and the Los Angeles Kings to play in 2015 Stadium Series". SI.com. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "NHL Stadium Series returning to California in February 2015?". CBS Sports. August 3, 2014. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- NHL looking at four outdoor games in 2014-15; Coors pushing for Denver (Report) | Puck Daddy - Yahoo Sports
- McCarthy, Michael; Schultz, E.J. (January 29, 2014). "Sponsor Coors Light Wants NHL Stadium Series in Rockies". Advertising Age. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Report: Bruins, Canadiens Could Play NHL Stadium Series Game At Gillette Stadium in 2015 | Boston Bruins | NESN.com
- Peters, Chris (June 21, 2014). "Report: Minnesota Wild outdoor game 'going to happen' in 2015-16". CBS. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Carchidi, Sam (June 6, 2013). "Flyers vs. Penguins match at Beaver Stadium in works". Philly.com. Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- McClellan, Sarah (January 27, 2014). "Phoenix Coyotes Chairman and Governor George Gosbee pushing for outdoor game". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Burnside, Scott (December 12, 2014). Boston front-runner for '16 Classic. ESPN.com. Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- Cooper, Josh (February 21, 2015). "Kings best Sharks 2-1 in Stadium Series triumph". Yahoo! Sports.