|2015 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East|
The 2015 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East is the 29th season of the K&N Pro Series East. It began with the Hart to Heart Breast Cancer Foundation 150 at New Smyrna Speedway on February 15 and ended with the Drive Sober 125 at Dover International Speedway on October 3. Ben Rhodes enters the season as the defending Drivers' Champion. William Byron won the championship, fifteen points in front of Scott Heckert. All of the races in the 2015 season were televised on NBCSN on a tape delay basis.
|No.||Manufacturer||Car Owner||Race Driver||Crew Chief|
|00||Toyota||Bill McAnally||Cole Custer 1||Matthew Goslant|
|1||Toyota||Shigeaki Hattori||Sergio Peña 1||Scott Goyer|
|Mason Mitchell (R) 1||Jamie Jones|
|Jesse Little 2|
|Brandon McReynolds 1||Bobby Burrell|
|02||Chevrolet||Tony Blanchard||Sarah Cornett-Ching (R) 2||Tony Blanchard|
|2||Toyota||Jennifer Satterfield||Collin Cabre (R)||Matt Bucher|
|3||Toyota||Ben Kennedy||Kaz Grala||Mike Fritts|
|04||Ford||Ronnie Bassett||Ronnie Bassett Jr. 12||Jerry Babb|
|4||Toyota||Max Siegel||Kenzie Ruston||Mark Green|
|5||Chevrolet||Harry Scott Jr.||Justin Haley (R)||Mark McFarland|
|6||Toyota||Max Siegel||Devon Amos (R)[N 1][N 2]||Jon Wolfe|
|7||Chevrolet 6||Larry Berg||Codie Rohrbaugh (R) 6||Mark Huff|
|Ford 1||Jerry Pitts||Noah Gragson (R) 1||Jerry Pitts|
|08||Ford||Paul Green||Tyler Hughes (R) 4||Paul Green|
|09||Toyota 1||Rodrigo San Martin||Christian Celaya (R) 6||Tony Ponkauskas|
|9||Chevrolet||Justin Marks||William Byron (R)||Kevin Bellicourt|
|12||Toyota||Rick Gdovic||Gray Gaulding 7||Charles Denike III|
|Brandon Gdovic 1|
|Corey LaJoie 1|
|13||Toyota||Kelly Souza||Todd Souza 1||Michael Munoz|
|14||Chevrolet||Bobby Hutchens||Trey Hutchens 6[N 1][N 2]||Bobby Hutchens Jr.|
|15||Toyota||Bill McAnally||Nick Drake||David McCarty|
|17||Toyota||James Finchum||Chad Finchum 1||Binky Torbett|
|18||Toyota||Shayne Lockhart||Peyton Sellers 2||Hoyt Overbagh|
|Sarah Cornett-Ching (R) 1||Shayne Lockhart|
|Justin LaDuke (R) 1|
|Sam Hunt 2||Peyton Sellers|
|19||Chevrolet||Chuck Buchanan||Chuck Buchanan Jr. 4||Craig Wood|
|20||Chevrolet||Bob Newberry||Gray Gaulding 1||Ryan McKinney|
|Daniel Hemric 3||Doug Howe|
|Spencer Davis (R) 4|
|22||Ford||Bryan Hill||Austin Hill||Mike Abner|
|23||Chevrolet||J. P. Morgan||J. P. Morgan (R) 5||James Beck|
|27||Ford||Steven Benjamin||Kyle Benjamin[N 2] (R) 13||Kevin Reed|
|28||Toyota||Ernie Irvan||Jared Irvan (R) 1||Mark Reno|
|30||Ford||Mark Rette||Grant Quinlan (R) 3||Mark Rette|
|31||Chevrolet||Ted Marsh||David Garbo Jr. (R)[N 1][N 2]||Todd Fisette|
|32||Chevrolet||Dale Quarterley||Dale Quarterley 1||Teddy Brown|
|33||Chevrolet||Bob Newberry||Brandon Jones 2||Chris Rice|
|34||Chevrolet||Justin Marks||Scott Heckert||Fuz Burgdoff|
|36||Chevrolet||Linda Marsh||Dalton Zehr (R) 1||Todd Fisette|
|Anthony Kumpen (R) 1||Robert Russell Jr.|
|37||Chevrolet||Jeff Spraker||Kevin O'Connell 1||Scott Goyer|
|Mike Senica (R) 1|
|Clair Zimmerman (R) 1||Yogan Yiengst|
|39||Chevrolet||Eric McClure||Chad Finchum 2||Chris Carrier|
|40||Chevrolet||Michael Hillman||Travis Miller 8||Pat Tryson|
|Brian Wong 1||Doug Chouinard|
|41||Chevrolet||Douglas Fuller||Ryan Preece (R) 1||Paul Clapprood|
|Landon Cassill 1||Mark Hillman|
|42||Toyota||Max Siegel||Jay Beasley 11||Clyde Eyler|
|Sergio Peña 3|
|44||Ford||Ronnie Bassett||Dillon Bassett (R) 12||Ron Otto|
|45||Chevrolet||John Stange||Christian Celaya (R) 6||James Heuberger|
|Ashley Stange||Mike Senica (R) 1|
|47||Chevrolet||Ashley Stange||Mike Senica (R) 3||Bob White|
|49||Toyota 2||Zeno Marshall Jr.||John Holleman IV (R) 4||Rock Harris|
|50||Chevrolet||Zeb Pixley||Zeb Pixley (R) 1||Craig Wood|
|51||Chevrolet||Harry Scott Jr.||Dalton Sargeant (R)||Kris Bowen|
|53||Ford||Robert Torriere||Marc-Antoine Camirand (R) 1||Jim Kilmer|
|55||Ford||Dione Jefferson||Dylan Lupton 1||Jeff Jefferson|
|Jerry Pitts||Noah Gragson (R) 1||Jerry Pitts|
|56||Chevrolet||Charles Dean||Gus Dean (R) 1||Franklin Hinson II|
|57||Chevrolet||Thomas Oakley||Brandon Oakley (R) 1||Gary Estes|
|63||Dodge 1||Joe Salemi||Brandon Glover (R) 1||Joe Salemi|
|Toyota 1||John Salemi 1||Kevin Salemi|
|71||Chevrolet||Rob Grimm||Eddie MacDonald 5||Rollie Lachance Jr.|
|72||Ford||Jeff Jefferson||Gracin Raz (R) 1||Jeff Jefferson|
|79||Chevrolet||Sandra Marshall||Steven Berrier (R) 1||Rock Harris|
|81||Chevrolet||Michael Burns||Jeremy Burns 1||Mike Burns|
|91||Toyota||Terry Carroll||Justin Carroll (R) 2||Charles Denike III|
|94||Chevrolet||Jim Hoffman||Dylan Hoffman (R) 4||Jim Hoffman|
|97||Toyota||Jason Little||Jesse Little 4||Steve Graham|
|98||Chevrolet||Mike Curb||Rico Abreu (R)||Mardy Lindley|
|99||Toyota||Bill McAnally||Anthony Kumpen (R) 1||Roger Bracken|
|Eddie Cheever III (R) 1|
|Patrick Staropoli (R) 2||Matthew Goslant|
- At the Casey's General Stores 150 at Iowa, NASCAR regulations state when an East team and a West team use the same car number, the team that qualifies faster will be able to retain their number. East Series drivers who had to change numbers after qualifying: Devon Amos drove car number 66, instead of his regular car number 6, while Trey Hutchens drove car number 23, instead of his regular car number 14 and David Garbo Jr. drove car number 36, instead of his regular car number 31.
- At #ThanksKenny 150 at Iowa, NASCAR regulations state when an East team and a West team use the same car number, the team that qualifies faster will be able to retain their number. East Series drivers who had to change numbers after qualifying: Devon Amos drove car number 66, instead of his regular car number 6, while Trey Hutchens drove car number 23, instead of his regular car number 14. Kyle Benjamin drove car number 72, instead of car number 27, and David Garbo Jr. drove car number 36, instead of his regular car number 31.
- The Casey's General Stores 150 was held as a combined event, with competitors from the K&N Pro Series West competing along with competitors for the K&N Pro Series East. The race was run with a series-based point distribution, where drivers received points and statistical credit for their finish relative to other drivers in their series, not to the whole field in general.
- The #ThanksKenny 150 was held as a combined event, with competitors from the K&N Pro Series West competing along with competitors for the K&N Pro Series East. The race was run with a series-based point distribution, where drivers received points and statistical credit for their finish relative to other drivers in their series, not to the whole field in general.
- The Drive Sober 125 was postponed a day because of persistent rain.
Results and standings
- 1 – The qualifying session for the UNOH 100 was cancelled due to heavy rain. The starting line-up was decided by championship points.
- 2 – The qualifying session for the Drive Sober 125 was cancelled due to heavy rain. The starting line-up was decided by championship points.
(key) Bold - Pole position awarded by time. Italics - Pole position set by final practice results or rainout. * – Most laps led.
|1||William Byron (R)||7||1*||2||2*||15||1*||14||1*||19||7||8*||10||6||9||546|
|4||Dalton Sargeant (R)||2||3||26||23||2||3||6||12||13||2||11||9||3||11||506|
|5||Rico Abreu (R)||17||9||10||30||11||9||1*||10||4||12||2||16||11||3||492|
|6||Justin Haley (R)||21||18||9||6||3||20||9||8||7||3||5||5||12||6||491|
|9||Kyle Benjamin (R)||5||12||1*||9||13||2||16||14||14||14||16||9||16||443|
|10||Collin Cabre (R)||15||15||24||22||17||15||13||24||9||16||17||4||17||1*||424|
|12||David Garbo Jr. (R)||12||13||12||13||19||19||19||20||17||23||21||3||21||26||387|
|13||Dillon Bassett (R)||6||16||18||34||16||13||8||13||15||1||2||31||377|
|14||Devon Amos (R)||23||19||28||31||6||14||12||18||31||19||13||17||29||12||367|
|15||Ronnie Bassett Jr.||16||8||15||3||12||11||5||25||37||19||24||28||340|
|18||Christian Celaya (R)||19||21||27||21||22||22||23||30||18||11||27||29||280|
|23||Codie Rohrbaugh (R)||13||22||19||9||13||17||171|
|24||Spencer Davis (R)||6||3||5||4||159|
|26||J. P. Morgan (R)||22||23||18||12||23||122|
|28||Tyler Hughes (R)||16||15||18||20||107|
|29||John Holleman IV (R)||20||17||19||20||100|
|30||Grant Quinlan (R)||2||15||20||96|
|31||Chuck Buchanan Jr.||23||23||13||30||87|
|32||Dylan Hoffman (R)||24||18||27||20||87|
|33||Mike Senica (R)||Wth||24||20||33||32||79|
|35||Noah Gragson (R)||73||53||8||10||70|
|37||Sarah Cornett-Ching (R)||20||21||24||67|
|39||Justin Carroll (R)||7||26||55|
|40||Anthony Kumpen (R)||14||21||53|
|45||Mason Mitchell (R)||8||36|
|48||Dalton Zehr (R)||11||33|
|51||Ryan Preece (R)||14||30|
|52||Patrick Staropoli (R)||35||24||29|
|53||Marc-Antoine Camirand (R)||17||27|
|54||Justin LaDuke (R)||18||26|
|55||Zeb Pixley (R)||18||26|
|61||Jared Irvan (R)||24||20|
|62||Eddie Cheever III||DNQ2||19|
|63||Clair Zimmerman (R)||25||19|
|64||Brandon Glover (R)||DNQ2||15|
|65||Gus Dean (R)||33||11|
|66||Gracin Raz (R)||173||233||34||10|
|Brandon Oakley (R)||Wth||0|
|Steven Berrier (R)||Wth||0|
|Drivers ineligible for K&N Pro Series East points|
|Christopher Bell (R)||5|
|Alex Schutte (R)||16||10|
|Ryan Partridge (R)||20||18|
|Nicole Behar (R)||21||21|
|Johnny White (R)||35||22|
|Matt Levin (R)||28||28|
|Dylan Caldwell (R)||29|
|Ron Norman (R)||32||35|
|Rich DeLong III||39||32|
|Rob Powers (R)||38|
- 1 – Travis Miller received championship points, despite the fact that he did not start the race.
- 2 – Brandon Glover and Eddie Cheever III received championship points, despite the fact that they did not qualify for the race.
- 3 – Scored points towards the K&N Pro Series West.
- 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
- 2015 NASCAR Xfinity Series
- 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- 2015 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West
- 2015 NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour
- 2015 NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour
- 2015 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series
- 2015 NASCAR Mexico Series
- 2015 NASCAR Whelen Euro Series
- Franceschini, Brooke (December 17, 2014). "K&N Pro Series 2015 Schedules Unveiled". NASCAR Home Tracks. NASCAR Media Group, LLC. Archived from the original on December 22, 2014. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- Cunningham, Jason (February 3, 2015). "Robust NBCSN Broadcast Schedule Revealed". NASCAR Home Tracks. NASCAR Media Group, LLC. Archived from the original on February 5, 2015. Retrieved February 6, 2015.
- "New names fill 2015 NASCAR Drive For Diversity roster". NASCAR.com. NASCAR Media Group, LLC. January 26, 2015. Retrieved February 6, 2015.
- "Kaz Grala to Drive for Ben Kennedy Racing in 2015". Speed51. Speed51. October 16, 2014. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- "Bassett Brothers Ready to Tackle K&N East Together". Speed51.com. 51 Sports, LLC. December 22, 2014. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- "Harry Scott Jr. Partners with Justin Marks to Form HScott Motorsports with Justin Marks". HScott Motorsports. HScott Motorsports. December 11, 2014. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- "Gray Gaulding Reunites with Toyota". White Gaulding Partners. March 23, 2015. Archived from the original on March 26, 2015. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- "BMR Announces Expansion For 2015 As It Builds On Success". Bill McAnally Racing. Bill McAnally Racing. January 28, 2015. Archived from the original on February 13, 2015. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- "NTS Motorsports Unveils 2015 Driver Lineup". NTS Motorsports. February 9, 2015. Archived from the original on 2015-02-09. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "[email protected] just confirmed that he will run the full K&N Pro Series East this season - just another title contender to throw in the pot". Twitter. Twitter. February 3, 2015. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- "Benjamin To Chase K&N East Title". NASCAR Home Tracks. NASCAR Media Group, LLC. February 5, 2015. Archived from the original on March 20, 2015. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- "Garbo To Chase K&N East Championship". NASCAR Home Tracks. NASCAR Media Group, LLC. December 24, 2014. Archived from the original on December 26, 2014. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- "Christian Celaya to take over driving duties of the Team Stange #45 Farbe Technik Chevy Impala SS for the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Tour with a few West races". Team Stange Racing. Team Stange Racing. January 30, 2015. Archived from the original on March 12, 2015. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- "Pro Wrestler turned Short Track Racer to Compete in Select 2015 NASCAR K&N Pro Series EAST Races for Team Stange Racing, Primary Sponsorship, Bell Plantation". Team Stange Racing. Team Stange Racing. December 18, 2014. Archived from the original on December 21, 2014. Retrieved December 19, 2014.
- "Rico Abreu Taking the Big Step to K&N East". Speed51.com. 51 Sports, LLC. January 20, 2015. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- Cunningham, Jason (February 3, 2015). "Robust NBCSN Broadcast Schedule Revealed". NASCAR Home Tracks. NASCAR Media Group, LLC. Archived from the original on July 17, 2015. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- Christley, Jason (February 18, 2014). "New Smyrna to K&N Pro East: See You Again!". NASCAR Home Tracks. NASCAR Media Group, LLC. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- "Cheez-It 355 at The Glen. Fans enjoy NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Sprint all in one action-packed weekend". www.theglen.com. www.theglen.com. Archived from the original on October 24, 2014. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- "NASCAR announces 2015 Dover race dates". delawareonline.com. delawareonline. August 26, 2014. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- "QUALIFYING: Rain Interrupts At Richmond". NASCAR Home Tracks. NASCAR Media Group, LLC. September 10, 2015. Archived from the original on September 23, 2015. Retrieved September 11, 2015.