|2013 in athletics|
The Luzhniki Stadium, which hosted the 2013 World Championships
|Major world events||2013 World Championships|
In 2013 the foremost competition in athletics was the 2013 World Championships in Athletics in Moscow. The International Association of Athletics Federations will hold two other global level competitions this year: the 2013 IAAF World Cross Country Championships and the 2013 World Youth Championships in Athletics. The IAAF World Cross Country Championships will return after its move to a biennial format.
- Canada Summer Games
- Chinese National Games
- German Championships
- Italian Championships
- Italian Indoor Championships
- Japanese Championships
- USA Track and Field Championships
- Tokyo Marathon
- Boston Marathon
- London Marathon
- Berlin Marathon
- Chicago Marathon
- New York City Marathon
- nb1 Tyson Gay, with 9.75 seconds, had a faster 100 m in 2013, but was disqualified due to doping.
- nb2 Bernard Koech, with 58:41 minutes, had a faster half marathon time but this was set on an aided San Diego course which was not eligible for record purposes.
- nb3 Priscah Jeptoo, with 65:45 minutes, had a faster half marathon time but this was set on an aided course at the Great North Run which was not eligible for record purposes.
- Season's best lists