The following is a list of notable events that have happened in 2013 in music in Australia.
- 1 Events
- 2 Bands disbanded
- 3 Albums and singles
- 4 2013 Australian music charts
- 5 Deaths
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- The 2013 Future Music Festival took place in March in various locations around Australia. There were 39 Australian and international artists who performed.
- The Splendour in the Grass is annual music festival that began in late July and ended in early August. The festival was held at Belongil Fields, and featured rock, hip hop, alternative, and electronic music.
- On 28 October 2013, season five of The X Factor Australia ended. It was announced that Dami Im was the winner. The runner-up was Taylor Henderson.
Albums and singles
- Push the Sky Away was released on released on 18 February 2013. The album was released by the alternative rock band Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. The album peaked number 1 on many charts including Australian ARIA Albums Chart, Austrian Ö3 Albums Chart, and Belgian Albums Chart (Flanders)
- Hillsong United released their third studio album Zion on 22 February.
- Hillsong Church's live album Glorious Ruins was released on 2 July.
- Violent Soho's single In The Aisle was released on 8 July 2013. This was the first single of the album Hungry Ghost.
- We Are Young & Free was released on 1 October 2013. The album contained the singles Alive, Wake, and "Vivo Estás".
- The album, Zion Acoustic Sessions, was released by Hillsong United on 29 October.
- Dami Im's single Alive was released on 28 October 2013. The single ranked number 1 on the ARIA charts upon its release.
2013 Australian music charts
Triple J Hottest 100
|All time (2013)||
2013 AIR charts
Winners below for the 2013 Carlton Dry Independent music awards:
- Best Independent Artist – Flume
- Best Independent Album – Flume – Flume
- Breakthrough Independent Artist - Vance Joy
- Best Independent Single/EP - Vance Joy – God Loves You When You’re Dancing
- Best Independent Hip Hop Album – Seth Sentry – This Was Tomorrow
- Best Independent Country Album – Catherine Britt – Always Never Enough
- Best Independent Blues And Roots Album – Paul Kelly – Spring And Fall
- Best Independent Hard Rock, Heavy or Punk Album – King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard – 12 Bar Bruise
- Best Independent Jazz Album – Jonathan Zwartz – The Remembering And Forgetting Of The Air
- Best Independent Dance/Electronica Album – Flume – Flume
- Best Independent Dance/Electronica or Club Single – Flume – Holdin’ On
- Best Independent Classical Album – Amy Dickson – Catch Me If You Can
- Best Independent Label – Future Classic
- Carlton Dry Global Music Grant winner – King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- 11 February – Kevin Peek, Australian guitarist (Sky) (b. 1946)
- 15 May – Albert Lance, Australian-French tenor and actor (b. 1925)
- 21 June – Wendy Saddington, Australian singer (Chain) (b. 1949)
- 1 July - Gary Shearston, Australian singer-songwriter (b. 1939)
- 31 July - Helen Quach, Vietnamese-born orchestral conductor (b. 1940)
- List of number-one singles of 2013 (Australia)
- List of number-one albums of 2013 (Australia)
- 2013 in music
- 2013 in Australia
- List of Australian music festivals
- Tone, Deaf. "Laneway Festival 2013: Sydney February 2nd 2013 @ Sydney Art College". Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Hohnen, Mike. "Future Music Festival 2013 Lineup – Official Announcement". Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Katherine Feeney (10 February 2012). "Splendour in the Grass returning home to Byron Bay". Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Emma Partridge (15 September 2013). "Man dies at Defqon.1 music festival". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Dami Im Wins The X Factor!". The X Factor Australia. Yahoo!7. 28 October 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-10-31. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "About". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-04-09. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- Snapes, Laura (27 November 2012). "Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Announce New Album, Push the Sky Away | News". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – Push the Sky Away". australian-charts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – Push the Sky Away". austriancharts.at (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Discografie Nick Cave" [Discography Nick Cave]. Ultratop (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Hillsong United Zion Released In Australia".
- "The Drones - I See Seaweed". Archived from the original on 22 August 2014. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Itunes - Music - Ice On the Dune by Empire of the Sun". Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Hillsong Live: Glorious Ruins Released for Australia and New Zealand". Hillsong Live Facebook Page. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "We Are Young & Free". NewReleaseTuesday.com. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Hillsong United To Release 'Zion Acoustic Sessions' iTunes Exclusive". Louder Than the Music. 23 October 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Vincent, Peter. "Dami Im races to number one in the charts after X Factor win".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-07. Retrieved 2014-10-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)