|2013 Stock Car Brasil season|
The 2013 Stock Car Brasil season was the 35th Stock Car Brasil season. It began on March 3 at the Interlagos and ended on December 15 at the same circuit, after twelve rounds. Pirelli return to the championship after a five-season absence, replacing Goodyear as tyre supplier.
Teams and drivers
All drivers were Brazilian-registered.
- William Lube and Andreas Mattheis owners of Shell Racing-WA Mattheis ended the partnership. Mattheis began sharing the team's command with his son Rodolhpo Mattheis and changed its official name to R.Mattheis Motorsport, but, sponsor's reasons continue to like Shell Racing. Lube alongside Cimed Group purchased the JF Racing and created a new team Voxx Racing.[failed verification]
- Pharmaceutical company Cimed forms a new team by buying the JF team. They recruited drivers Sérgio Jimenez and Denis Navarro.
- After three seasons of partnership, Boettger Competições and Itaipava broke up. Boettger will revert to using its original name in 2013.
- Gramacho Competições will return for the championship after two seasons.
- Textiles Hanier and racing driver Beto Cavaleiro purchased the cars of FTS Competições, who called BMC Racing in 2012 and created Hanier Racing. The team will switch from entering a Chevrolet to the Peugeot for its 2013 campaign. BMC group continues in the championship in partner with RZ Motorsport.
- After racing as "Medley Full Time" in 2011 and 2012, Full Time Sports will revert to using its original name in 2013. The team will move from Chevrolet in 2013.
- RCM Motorsport competing under the name Ipiranga-RCM. Due sponsor reasons.
- Due to sponsorship reasons, Carlos Alves Competições was renamed to the Shin Racing Team.
- Rubens Barrichello, who competed in the last three races of the 2012 season for Medley Full Time, stayed for the full season in 2013, driving for Full Time Sports.
- Pedro Boesel and Antônio Pizzonia lost their seats after Comprafacil Nascar JF withdrew from the championship.
- Popó Bueno left Linea Sucrolose to join Shell Racing.
- Júlio Campos moved from Carlos Alves Competições to Prati-Donaduzzi.
- Claudio Capparelli, Fabio Carbone, Hélio Castroneves, Rafael Daniel, Diego Freitas, Bruno Junqueira, Tony Kanaan, Giuliano Losacco, Felipe Maluhy, Rodrigo Navarro, Pedro Nunes, Diogo Pachenki, Cláudio Ricci and Matheus Stumpf, who competed part-time or as a guest in 2012, did not return for the championship in 2013.
- Beto Cavaleiro entered in the Stock Car Brasil with newcoming team Hanier Racing.
- Alceu Feldmann was suspended with twenty-four months for doping in 2012, but the sentence was reduced for nine months and Feldmann signed with Full Time Sports.
- Fábio Fogaça, who competed in 2012 Stock Car Corrida do Milhão, raced with Vogel Motorsport in 2013.
- Vitor Genz made his debut in Stock Car Brasil with Gramacho Competições.
- After six months of suspension for doping, Marcos Gomes moved to Carlos Alves Competições for the 2013 season.
- Patrick Gonçalves, who competed part-time in 2012, moved to RC3 Bassani in 2013.
- Sérgio Jimenez, who was third place in the 2012 Brazilian GT Championship season joined Voxx Racing.
- Wellington Justino returned for the championship with Hot Car Competições.
- Lico Kaesemodel moved from RCM Motorsport to Boettger Competições.
- Felipe Lapenna made his debut in the category with Hanier Racing.
- Eduardo Leite lost his seat at Hot Car Competições.
- Raphael Matos, who competed part-time with Bassani Racing in 2012, joined Hot Car Competições in 2013.
- Vítor Meira lost his seat at Officer ProGP.
- David Muffato movee from Itaipava Racing Team to Carlos Alves Competições.
- Denis Navarro, who competed for Vogel Motorsport in 2012, moved to newcoming team Voxx Racing.
- Xandinho Negrão lost his seat at Medley Full Time.
- Diego Nunes movee from Hot Car Competições to RC3 Bassani.
- Galid Osman signed with Ipiranga-RCM after a season with BMC Racing.
- Rodrigo Pimenta, who was runner-up in the 2012 Stock Car Brasil second-tier, continued his association with Gramacho Competições.
- Tuka Rocha, who drove for FTS Competições-BMC Racing in 2012, moved to RZ Motorsport-BMC Racing for the 2013 season.
- Ricardo Sperafico moved from Prati-Donaduzzi Racing to Officer ProGP.
- IndyCar Series driver Hélio Castroneves was supposed to participate in the seventh round at Ribeirão Preto for Shell Racing but did not start. In 2012 he competed in the last round of the season.
- Patrick Gonçalves did not return for RC3 Bassani after the fourth round at Salvador. Stock Car Brasil second tier driver Gabriel Casagrande replaced Gonçalves prior to the eighth round at Cascavel. After competing in Formula Renault 3.5, Lucas Foresti replaces Casagrande at Brasília, for his Stock Car début.
- FIA WEC Aston Martin Racing driver Bruno Senna competed as a guest in the Stock Car Brasil Million Race for Shell Racing-GT Team Raízen.
Race calendar and results
A twelve-round calendar was announced on 5 December 2012, with Brasília host two races and Goiânia receiving the category after eleven seasons. Londrina and Rio de Janeiro that the track was to be demolished will not host a race in 2013. Also was confirmed the fifth edition of Stock Car Corrida do Milhão at last round of the season.
In July, the round of Goiânia was removed from the calendar, and replaced with a second race at Cascavel. The round scheduled to be held in Brasília was moved to November. All races were held in Brazil.
- Points were awarded as follows:
Bold – Pole
- "Stock Car e Goodyear rompem acordo, e Pirelli volta a ser fornecedora da categoria em 2013" [Stock Car and Goodyear break the agreement, and Pirelli returns to provider category in 2013]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 13 December 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Confira o grid completo da Temporada 2013" [Check out the full grid of 2013 Season]. Stockcar.globo.com (in Portuguese). Organizações Globo. 2 February 2013. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- "Hot Car anuncia contratação de Matos para temporada de 2013 da Stock Car" [Hot Car announces hiring of Matos for 2013 Stock Car season]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 21 December 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Aos 36 anos, Justino fecha com Hot Car e disputa primeira temporada completa na Stock Car em 2013" [At 36 years old, Justino closes with Hot Car and disputed first full season in the Stock Car in 2013]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 23 January 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "Senna confirma participação na decisiva Corrida do Milhão da Stock Car em Interlagos" [Senna confirmed participation in decisive Million Race of Stock Car at Inrerlagos]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 4 December 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Após ser anunciado por Carlos Alves, Rocha muda de equipe e corre ao lado de Zonta em 2013" [After being announced by Carlos Alves, Rocha changes of team and racing alongside Zonta in 2013]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 24 January 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Khodair renova contrato com Vogel para 2013 e diz que "as coisas só tendem a melhorar" no próximo ano" [Khodair renews contract with Vogel for 2013 and says that "things just tend to improve" in the next year]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 6 December 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Fogaça aproveita vaga aberta por Navarro e assume segundo carro da Vogel em 2013" [Fogaça leverages vacancy by Navarro and assumes Vogel's second car in 2013]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 25 January 2013. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Patrick Gonçalves e Ricardo Sperafico completam o grid" [Patrick Gonçalves and Ricardo Sperafico complete the grid]. Stockcar.globo.com (in Portuguese). Organizações Globo. 1 March 2013. Retrieved 1 March 2013.[permanent dead link][dead link]
- "Ipiranga RCM renova com Camilo e anuncia Galid Osman para 2013" [Ipiranga RCM renewal with Camilo and announced Galid Osman for 2013]. TotalRace.com (in Portuguese). Total Race. 8 January 2013. Archived from the original on 19 February 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "RC anuncia renovação com Maurício e Wilson para temporada 2013 da Stock Car" [RC announces renewal with Mauricio and Wilson for 2013 Stock Car season]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 9 November 2012. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- Beer, Matt (27 December 2012). "Rubens Barrichello leaves IndyCar for Brazil's Stock Car V8 series". Autosport. Haymarket. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Feldmann tem pena reduzida e volta à Stock Car como companheiro de Barrichello na Full Time" [Feldmann has sentence reduced and back to Stock Car as mate of Barrichello in Full Time]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 22 January 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "Equipe Gramacho anuncia novato na Stock Car: Rodrigo Pimenta" [Gramacho team announces rookie in Stock Car: Rodrigo Pimenta]. TotalRace.com (in Portuguese). Total Race. 18 January 2013. Archived from the original on 10 March 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Jimenez acerta com equipe Cimed e começa primeira temporada na Stock Car em 2013" [Jimenez hits with Cimed team and start first season in Stock Car at 2013]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "Indústria têxtil, Hanier compra FTS e promove estreia de Cavaleiro na Stock Car" [Textiles, Hanier purchase FTS and promotes premiere of Cavaleiro in Stock Car]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 24 January 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Com patrocínio de petrolífera malaia, Nunes disputa temporada de 2013 da Stock Car pela Bassani" [With sponsorship from Malaysian oil company, Nunes disputed 2013 season of Stock Car for Bassani]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Após disputar World Series, Foresti estreia na Stock Car pela Bassani na etapa de Brasília" [After compete World Series, Foresti debut in Stock Car by Bassani in Brasilia round]. GrandePremio.com.br (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 6 November 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Paranaense de 18 anos, Casagrande estreia na Stock Car na etapa de Cascavel pela equipe RC3 Bassani" [Paranaense of 18 years, Casagrande debut in Stock Car at Cascavel for RC3 Bassani Team]. GrandePremio.com.br (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 23 August 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "Kaesemodel fecha com a Boettger Competições para 2013" [Kaesemodel closes with Boettger Competições for 2013]. stockcar.globo.com (in Portuguese). Organizações Globo. 5 December 2012. Archived from the original on 1 April 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "Hélio Castroneves participará da etapa de Ribeirão" [Hélio Castroneves compete in the Ribeirão Round]. stockcar.globo.com (in Portuguese). Organizações Globo. 28 April 2013. Retrieved 28 April 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Com patrocínio para 2 anos, equipe Carlos Alves anuncia nova dupla" [With sponsorship for 2 years, Carlos Alves announces new duo]. TotalRace.com (in Portuguese). Total Race. 20 December 2012. Archived from the original on 15 January 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "Foto: número 111, Barrichello divulga pintura do carro para temporada 2013 da Stock Car" [Picture: number 111, Barrichello discloses car paint for season 2013 Stock Car]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 25 February 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Stock Car revela calendário para a temporada 2013" [Stock Car reveals calendar for the 2013 season]. TotalRace.com (in Portuguese). TotalRace. 5 December 2012. Archived from the original on 15 January 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Stock Car anuncia segunda corrida em Cascavel em 2013, e etapa de Brasília é movida para novembro" [Stock Car announces second race at Cascavel in 2013, and round of Brasília is moved to November]. GrandePremio.com (in Portuguese). MSN Esportes. 31 July 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Official website of the Stock Car Brasil (in Portuguese)