|Duration||9 December 2010– 11 December 2011|
|Number of official events||52|
|Most wins||3 – Thomas Bjørn, Luke Donald|
|Race to Dubai||Luke Donald|
|Golfer of the Year||Luke Donald|
|Players' Player of the Year||Luke Donald|
|Sir Henry Cotton rookie of the year||Tom Lewis|
The Race to Dubai was won by Englishman Luke Donald, who also collected the Golfer of the Year award having also headed the PGA Tour money list and ascended to the top of the Official World Golf Ranking during 2011. Compatriot Tom Lewis was Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the Year.
The table below shows the 2011 European Tour schedule. The season began in December 2010 with the Alfred Dunhill Championship in South Africa, and culminated with the Dubai World Championship the following December. The full schedule included the four major championships and four World Golf Championships.
- The numbers in parentheses after the winners' names show the number of official career wins they had on the European Tour up to and including that event. Totals are only shown for members of the European Tour and are inclusive of the three United States-based major championships which were included on the schedule for the first time in 1998 and earlier editions have been retrospectively recognised as official tour wins. Victories in "Approved Special Events" are not recognised as official tour wins.
- The Sicilian Open was scheduled to end on March 20, but the end of the final round was pushed back to the following day due to weather.
- The final round of the Iskandar Johor Open was cancelled and the tournament reduced to 54 holes due to weather.
Location of tournaments
Race to Dubai
Since 2009, the European Tour's money list has been known as the "Race to Dubai". It is based on money earned during the season and is calculated in euro, with earnings from tournaments that award prize money in other currencies being converted at the exchange rate available the week of the event. The following table shows the final top 10 in the 2011 standings and includes the bonus pool.
|Rank||Player||Country||Events||Prize money (€)|
|2||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland||19||4,002,168|
|4||Charl Schwartzel||South Africa||18||2,929,829|
|European Tour Golfer of the Year||Luke Donald||England|
|European Tour Players' Player of the Year||Luke Donald||England|
|Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the Year||Tom Lewis||England|
Golfer of the Month
The winners of the European Tour Golfer of the Month Award were as follows:
|April||Charl Schwartzel||South Africa|
|June||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland|
|July||Darren Clarke||Northern Ireland|
|September||Michael Hoey||Northern Ireland|
- 2011 in golf
- 2011 Challenge Tour
- 2011 European Senior Tour
- 2011 PGA Tour
- List of golfers with most European Tour wins
- "Luke Donald lands European & PGA Tour awards". BBC Sport. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- "European Tour schedule". PGA European Tour. Archived from the original on 12 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-07.
- "European Tour unveils 2011 Race to Dubai schedule". BBC Sport. 28 November 2010. Archived from the original on 2 December 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "The 2011 European Tour International Schedule – Initial Sector". PGA European Tour. 26 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-07.
- "Events | European Tour | 2011". Official World Golf Ranking. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- "European Tour Race To Dubai". europeantour.com. 4 December 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-04.