The 2011 Championship League Darts was the fourth edition of a darts competition — the Championship League Darts. The competition was organized and held by the Professional Darts Corporation, with the 2011 edition having a maximum prize fund of £189,000.
The format of the tournament was similar to the Premier League Darts tournament, also organized by the PDC, except it was contested by a larger pool of players who were split up into a number of groups.
Every match could be watched on one of the thirty bookmaker websites who broadcast the competition. The tournament was available globally through the internet, except in the United States of America where it could not be shown for legal reasons.
The first group consisted of the top eight players from the PDC Order of Merit who were available for the competition. These eight players played each other over the course of a day, receiving two points for each win. All matches were contested over a maximum of 11 legs with a player winning the match on reaching 6 legs. After all players had played each other, the four players with the most points progressed to the semi-finals with the winners of those matches progressing into the final.
The winner of the final progressed to the winners group which took place at the end of the competition. The runner-up, losing semi-finalists and the players finishing fifth and sixth moved into group two, where they were joined by the next three players in the Order of Merit. The format of the second group was the same as the first group with players moving into the third group. In total there were 8 groups before the final group took place.
This format ensures that all players who do not win the group or finish in the last two positions have another chance to qualify for the winners group.
The tournament took place over 9 days throughout September and October 2010. One group was played on each day. The dates were as follows:
- Group 1 – Tuesday 27 September
- Group 2 – Wednesday 28 September
- Group 3 – Thursday 29 September
- Group 4 – Tuesday 11 October
- Group 5 – Wednesday 12 October
- Group 6 – Thursday 13 October
- Group 7 – Tuesday 18 October
- Group 8 – Wednesday 19 October
- Winners Group – Thursday 20 October
The tournament took place at the Crondon Park Golf Club in Essex.
Co Stompe withdrew following group 6 due to injury. As a consequence John Part was moved from starting in group 8 to group 7 and Jelle Klaasen was added as a replacement in group 8.
Group winners in bold, players eliminated in italic
Played Tuesday 27 September, group 1 was won by Gary Anderson. Terry Jenkins and reigning world champion Adrian Lewis were knocked out.
Played on 27 September 2011 group 2 was won by world number one Phil Taylor. James Wade and Mark Webster were eliminated.
Group 3 was played on 29 September 2011 and won by Paul Nicholson. Andy Hamilton and Wes Newton were eliminated.
Group 4 was played on 11 October 2011 and won by Mark Walsh. Ronnie Baxter and Wayne Jones were eliminated.
Group 5 was played on 12 October 2011 and won by Mervyn King. Colin Lloyd and Jamie Caven were eliminated. In the group phase Simon Whitlock achieved a nine dart finish checking out 144 with double 18.
Group 6 was played on 13 October 2011 and won by Simon Whitlock, who finally won after reaching all five preceding play-offs. Denis Ovens and Colin Osborne were eliminated.
|4||Vincent v d Voort||6|
|4||Vincent v d Voort||5|
Group 7 was played on 18 October 2011 and won by Steve Beaton. Andy Smith and Robert Thornton were eliminated.
|1||Vincent v d Voort||4|
Group 8 was played on 19 October 2011 and won by Dennis Priestley. As this was the last group all other seven participants missed out on qualifying to the winners group.
|3||Vincent v d Voort||4|
|1||Phil Taylor||6-3||6-1||6-3||6-3||6-5||6-2||6-5||14, 42-22|
|2||Mervyn King||3-6||2-6||6-0||6-3||3-6||6-2||6-3||8, 33-26|
|3||Paul Nicholson||1-6||6-2||2-6||6-3||6-1||5-6||6-2||8, 32-27|
|4||Steve Beaton||3-6||0-6||6-2||3-6||6-2||4-6||6-3||6, 28-31|
|5||Mark Walsh||3-6||3-6||3-6||6-3||2-6||6-1||6-5||6, 29-33|
|6||Gary Anderson||5-6||6-3||1-6||2-6||6-2||2-6||6-4||6, 28-33|
|7||Dennis Priestley||2-6||2-6||6-5||6-4||1-6||6-2||3-6||6, 26-35|
|8||Simon Whitlock||5-6||3-6||2-6||3-6||5-6||4-6||6-3||2, 28-39|
The tournament was streamed worldwide through the PDC website. It was also streamed through thirty bookmaker websites.
|Bookmaker website||Streamed in|
|The Bet Arena||Asia|
|Betclic||Southern Europe * France|
|Betfair||UK, Ireland & Southern Europe|
|Bets 10||Southern Europe|
|Bwin||Germany, Austria, Switzerland|
|Digibet||Germany, Austria, Switzerland|
|Favoritbet||Central and Eastern Europe|
|Fortuna||Central and Eastern Europe|
|Paddy Power||UK & Ireland|
|Paris Mutual Urbain||France|
|Stan James||UK & Ireland|
|William Hill||UK, Ireland & Australia|
- "Championship League Darts Groups". Planet Darts. September 6, 2011. Archived from the original on October 1, 2011. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "Stompe Pulls Out Of CLD". PDC. 14 October 2011. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "Anderson's Group One Glory". PDC. 27 September 2011. Archived from the original on 29 September 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Taylor Claims Group Two Glory". PDC. 28 September 2011. Archived from the original on 29 September 2011. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- "Nicholson On Top In Group Three". PDC. 29 September 2011. Archived from the original on 1 October 2011. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Walsh Wins CLD Group Four". PDC. 11 October 2011. Archived from the original on 13 October 2011. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "King Reigns In Group Five". PDC. 12 October 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-10-14. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- "Six Is The Best For Whitlock!". PDC. 13 October 2011. Archived from the original on 14 October 2011. Retrieved 13 October 2011.
- "Seventh Heaven For Beaton". PDC. 18 October 2011. Archived from the original on 20 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Priestley Edges Painter For Group Eight Victory". PDC. 19 October 2011. Archived from the original on 20 October 2011. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- "Winners group reports". PDC. 20 October 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-10-21. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Championship League Darts Group One Fixtures". Planet Darts. September 21, 2011. Archived from the original on September 25, 2011. Retrieved September 21, 2011.