The qualification for 2009 Arab Nations Cup.
- The First qualifying Stage contains eight teams which have lower FIFA Ranking. The eight teams divided into two groups, each group contain four teams and the group winners qualify the second qualifying stage.
- The 2nd Qualifying Stage contains 16 seats, 14 teams who have a higher FIFA ranking get bye from the first qualifying round and are entered into second qualifying round, plus two teams from the first qualifying stage to complete the last two seats. 16 teams will be divided into four groups, four teams in each group and the group winners and runners-up will qualify to the Arab Nations Cup. The second round was never played and the tournament was eventually cancelled.
The teams sorted by Alphabetical order
- The First qualifying Stage contain 8 teams which have lower FIFA Ranking, The 8 Teams divided into 2 Groups, each group contain 4 teams and the group winners qualify the 2nd qualifying Stage.
- Lebanon qualified as best runners-up due to the withdrawal of Qatar (Qatar would have received a bye to the second qualifying round).
- Palestine withdrew because Israel would not let them to travel to Yemen.
|Djibouti||1 - 4||Comoros|
|Abdul Rahman Okishi 90+2||Meknesh Bi Daoud 5
Ahmad Seif 33, 75
Mohammad Moni 89
|Yemen||4 - 1||Djibouti|
|Alaa Al-Sasi 9
Ousam Al Sahhed Nasser 48
Fekri Al Hubaishi 52
Mohammed Al Tahoos 85
|Abdul Rahman Okishi 7|
|Sudan||6 - 1||Somalia|
|Muhannad Eltahir 8
Mohamed Ali Khaider 16, 18
Haitham Mustafa 21 pen
Faisal Agab 30
Gemi Natali 55
|Ali Abdelaziz 90+3|
|Lebanon||4 - 0||Somalia|
|Mohammed Ghaddar 4, 28
Ali Nasseredine 72
Paul Rustom 83
|Somalia||2 - 8||Mauritania|
|Ali Abdelaziz 26 pen, 67||Sidibe Mohamed 4 pen, 24
Corville Pascal Dominique 14, 27 pen
Alioune Ndiaye 30, 43
Katri Khuro 75, 88
- The 2nd Qualifying Stage Contains 16 seats, 14 teams who have a higher FIFA ranking get bye from the First Qualifying Round and are entered into 2nd Qualifying Round, plus 2 teams from the First qualifying Stage to complete the last 2 seats. 16 teams will be divided into 4 Groups, 4 teams in each group and the group winners and runners-up will qualify to the Arab Nations Cup.
- Qatar withdrew and Lebanon qualified as best runners-up.
West Asia Region
North Africa Region
Red Sea Region
- But the second round was never played and the final tournament was eventually cancelled.