|2008 Kids' Choice Awards|
|Date||March 29, 2008|
|Hosted by||Jack Black|
|Most awards||Drake and Josh (2)|
Miley Cyrus (2)
|Most nominations||Shrek the Third (4)|
|Produced by||Bob Bain|
|Directed by||Beth McCarthy-Miller|
The 21st Annual Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards was held on March 29, 2008, at the Pauley Pavilion, Los Angeles, California. The show was the first live-action/animated Kids Choice Awards show. The event was hosted by Jack Black. Voting began March 3 on Nick.com and Nicktropolis. A "Bring on the Nominees" special hosted by Lil' JJ aired also. The Naked Brothers Band and Miley Cyrus were musical performances for the show. A sweepstakes was announced to promote the show. The number of votes cast broke the record previously set in 2007. 86,708,020 kids cast 88,254,272 votes (since kids were allowed to vote multiple times) between March 3–29 in 18 categories, to honor and vote for their favorites. Votes were cast via Nick.com, Nicktropolis, TurboNick, and for the first time via Nick's new mobile website (wap.nick.com). The award show attracted 7.7 million viewers.
Presenters and Performers, and Stunts for KCA 2008
Presenters (in order of appearance)
|Jack Black||Hosted the Awards|
|Miranda Cosgrove||Cameo appearances throughout the show|
|Tom Kenny||Newly titled himself, "The Voice in a Box" (announcer), SpongeBob|
|Favorite Movie Actress|
|Favorite Music Group|
|Laila Ali||Introduced Akon, Usher and Heidi Klum for the slime stunts|
|Favorite Female Singer|
|Favorite Voice From an Animated Movie|
|Introduced The Naked Brothers Band|
|Favorite Reality Show|
|Jennifer Love Hewitt
|Favorite Male Singer|
|Ashton Kutcher||Wannabe Award|
|Howie Mandel||Introduced the YMCA burping contest|
|Jaden, Willow & Will Smith||Introduced Miley Cyrus|
|Favorite TV Show|
Performers (in order of appearance)
- The Naked Brothers Band performed "I Don't Want to Go to School"
- Miley Cyrus performed "G.N.O (Girl's Night Out)"
- Harrison Ford – While presenting Favorite Voice From an Animated Movie with Shia LaBeouf, Ford replaced an orb containing the winner with a blimp, similar to the classic scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Also like that scene, a "booby-trap" bucket of slime was dumped onto his head. Ford joked about it and LaBeouf gave him his trademark fedora.
- Brendan Fraser – While presenting Favorite TV Show with Rihanna, who was carrying an umbrella, Fraser asked why she had one. The singer slyly replied that "this is for you", and a stream of slime rose from the podium and hit Fraser's forehead.
- Orlando Bloom – Bloom was the mystery celebrity at the end of the show who got slimed with 27 gallons of the green goo alongside Jack Black.
- Jack Black – The host was slimed at the end of the show with the 27 gallons of slime collected from the slime stunts with Orlando Bloom.
Slime Stunts (in order of appearance)
- 1/3 – Akon performed the Slime-o-Lition Derby driving the Jack Black Bobblehead.
- 2/3 – Usher performed using a high pressure slime cannon shooter blasting the costume sumo wrestler five feet. (Note: The level was tilted so the sumo wrestler can go to 5 ft.)
- 3/3 – Heidi Klum performed the human dartboard using a butt spike belt.
- Otis and Pip form Back at the Barnyard.
Winners and nominees
|Favorite Movie||Favorite Movie Actor|
|Favorite Movie Actress||Favorite Animated Movie|
|Favorite Voice From an Animated Movie|
|Favorite TV Show||Favorite TV Actor|
|Favorite TV Actress||Favorite Reality Show|
|Favorite Music Group||Favorite Male Singer|
|Favorite Female Singer||Favorite Song|
|Favorite Male Athlete||Favorite Female Athlete|
|Favorite Video Game||Favorite Book|
The Rocktopus is an eight legged octopus of rock n' roll who haunts Jack Black in his dreams. Later during the awards show, they settle their differences in time for the Rocktopus to activate the slimer machine.
iCarly: Live From Hollywood
The iCarly cast was live outside the Pauley Pavilion in Hollywood, where the 2008 Kids' Choice Awards were held. The cast aired from 9/8c - 11/10c. Carly, Sam, Freddie, and Spencer were at the Kids' Choice Awards because Spencer was hired to make a Kids' Choice Awards Blimp out of Wieners. Although Spencer was working on his sculpture, he happened to peek around the show, like the Gift bags for the Celebrities, going into Jack Black's Dressing Room, and stealing some mini wienies from the Snack table. In the end, his sculpture was destroyed when the Snack lady attacked him. People actually believed that it was a fan who destroyed the sculpture as security tackled the Snack Lady.
Countdown to Kids' Choice:
- What You're Watching on Your DVRs (Cable), March 24-30 Archived February 9, 2015, at the Wayback Machine TVBytheNumbers.com
- "Choose a View sweepstakes". Nick.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "2008 KCA Winners Release". Nickkcapress.com. 2008-04-01. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Johnny Depp, Jessica Alba, Eddie Murphy, Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, Drake Bell, Chris Brown, Tony Hawk, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Cameron Diaz (Wannabe Award) – and Many More – Score at Nickelodeon's 2008 Kids' Choice Awards". March 29, 2008. Retrieved September 30, 2019.
- "Nickelodeon's 21st Annual Kids' Choice Awards Taps Jack Black to Host, as Hollywood Primes to Meet the Slime, Saturday, March 29". February 7, 2008. Retrieved September 30, 2019.