Colours denote the candidate with the most votes by municipalities
The presidential election of 2007 in the Republika Srpska entity of Bosnia and Herzegovina was announced after the premature death of President Milan Jelić on 30 September 2007 and was held on 9 December 2007. Until the election took place, Igor Radojičić, also from the ruling Alliance of Independent Social Democrats, was acting president. The election had to be called within fifteen days of Jelić's death; it was called on 11 October 2007, with candidates to be nominated by 16 October 2007.
There were ten candidates, with the frontrunners being the Republika Srpska Academy of Sciences chairman Rajko Kuzmanović of the ruling Alliance of Independent Social Democrats, MP Ognjen Tadić of the main opposition Serbian Democratic Party, and former Prime Minister of Republika Srpska and Bosnia and Herzegovina Foreign Minister Mladen Ivanić of the Party of Democratic Progress.
All three main candidates supported Republika Srpska's status in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Dayton Accords. President of Serbia Boris Tadić and the Democratic Party in Serbia supported the SNSD and its candidate Kuzmanović. According to the electoral law, there would be no run-off.
The other candidates were:
- Mirko Blagojević of the Serbian Radical Party of the Republika Srpska
- Slobodan Popović of the Social Democratic Party of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Krsto Jandrić of the People's Democratic Party
- Anton Josipović of the People's Party Work for Betterment
- Nedžad Delić of the Democratic Disabled People's Party
- Dragan Đokanović independent candidate
- Nikola Lazarević of the European Environmental Party E-5
Official results released on 2007-12-17 confirmed these preliminary results. Kuzmanović was sworn in on 2007-12-28.
- 9. decembar: Prijevremeni izbori za predsjednika Republike Srpske | 24sata.info - Vijesti, gradovi, sport, zabava, tehnologija, lifestyle, kolumne[permanent dead link]
- Radojcic nominated as interim president in Republika Srpska - International Herald Tribune
- Thousands expected at late Bosnian Serb leader Jelic's funeral : World
- "Bosnian Serbs to elect new president - Europe". Archived from the original on 2012-02-07. Retrieved 2007-10-12.
- BBC NEWS | Europe | Bosnian Serbs get new president
- "B92 - News - Region - RS holds presidential elections". Archived from the original on 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- Republika Srpska poised to elect new president Sunday (SETimes.com)
- derStandard.at / Registrierung
- Unofficial results declare Kuzmanovic new president of Republika Srpska (SETimes.com)
- "B92 - News - Region - Kuzmanović on track to become Bosnian Serb president". Archived from the original on 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- New Bosnian Serb president vows to work to prevent further unification of country - International Herald Tribune