|2006 European Throwing Cup|
The 2006 European Cup Winter Throwing was held on 18 and 19 March at Hadar Yosef Stadium in Tel Aviv, Israel. It was the sixth edition of the athletics competition for throwing events organised by the European Athletics Association. A total of 168 athletes from 28 countries entered the competition.
Polish and Russian athletes dominated the proceedings. Poland won five of the eight contests while Russia provided the silver medallist in six events. Russia was the winner in the men's and women's team points competition.
Andrei Mikhnevich of Belarus was the original winner of the shot put (and a frequent world medallist during the period). In 2013 all his results from August 2005 onwards were annulled after a retest of his doping sample from the 2005 World Championships in Athletics proved to be positive, resulting in a lifetime ban for the athlete. Romania's Gheorghe Guşet was promoted to first place in the European Cup field.
|Shot put||Gheorghe Guşet (ROM)||20.41 m||Tomasz Majewski (POL)||20.26 m||Pavel Sofin (RUS)||20.19 m|
|Discus throw||Piotr Małachowski (POL)||65.01 m||Mario Pestano (ESP)||63.40 m||Gerd Kanter (EST)||62.55 m|
|Javelin throw||Igor Janik (POL)||81.16 m||Vladislav Shkurlatov (RUS)||79.27 m||Ainārs Kovals (LAT)||78.64 m|
|Hammer throw||Szymon Ziółkowski (POL)||79.04 m||Vadim Khersontsev (RUS)||78.54 m||Dzmitry Shako (BLR)||77.00 m|
WR world record | AR area record | CR championship record | GR games record | NR national record | OR Olympic record | PB personal best | SB season best | WL world leading (in a given season)
|Shot put||Natallia Mikhnevich (BLR)||19.18 m||Olga Ryabinkina (RUS)||18.55 m||Nadine Kleinert (GER)||18.30 m|
|Discus throw||Wioletta Potępa (POL)||61.89 m||Oksana Esipchuk (RUS)||61.70 m||Nicoleta Grasu (ROM)||60.86 m|
|Javelin throw||Mareike Rittweg (GER)||60.06 m||Lada Chernova (RUS)||59.15 m||Mercedes Chilla (ESP)||57.28 m|
|Hammer throw||Kamila Skolimowska (POL)||73.32 m||Gulfiya Khanafeyeva (RUS)||72.01 m||Manuela Montebrun (FRA)||70.29 m|
Medal and points table
- a Belarus's score in the men's team competition was originally 5373 points. Following Andrei Mikhnevich's disqualification in 2013, his points total of 1157 was replaced by that of his countryman Yury Bialou who was ninth with 1065 points.
- European Cup Winter Throwing. RFEA. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Butcher, Michael (2006-03-19). Another title for Khoroneko, as Skolimowska shines at European Cup Winter Throwing. IAAF. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Andrei MIKHNEVICH (BLR) – results annulled from August 2005. IAAF (2013-07-31). Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- 6th European Cup Winter Throwing Results. RFEA. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- ECp-WT Tel Aviv ISR 18 - 19 March European Cup Winter Throwing. Tilastopaja. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Official website (archived)