|2005 Oakland Raiders season|
|Head coach||Norv Turner|
|General manager||Al Davis|
|Home field||McAfee Coliseum|
|Division place||4th AFC West|
|Playoff finish||did not qualify|
|Pro Bowlers||Derrick Burgess, DE|
The 2005 Oakland Raiders season was the franchise's 36th season in the National Football League, the 46th overall, and the 11th back in Oakland. They were unable to improve upon their previous season's output of 5–11, instead only going 4–12. The team finished the season on a six-game losing streak. The Raiders team tied with the San Francisco 49ers, Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, and the Tennessee Titans with a 4-12 record.
The Raiders acquired Randy Moss from the Minnesota Vikings in a trade for linebacker Napoleon Harris and a first-round draft pick. The acquisition of Moss sought to help with the team's struggling receiving corps for the past two years. However, Moss struggled in his first season with the Raiders, and he finished the season with only 60 receptions.
|2005 Oakland Raiders draft|
|3||69||Andrew Walter||QB||Arizona State|
|3||78||Kirk Morrison||LB||San Diego State|
|Pro Football Hall of Fame �� Made at least one Pro Bowl during careerMade roster|
- Traded LB Napoleon Harris, 2005 first round pick (#7 overall), and 2005 seventh round pick to Minnesota Vikings for WR Randy Moss.
- Traded TE Doug Jolley, 2005 second round pick (#47), two 2005 sixth round picks (#182) and (#185) to New York Jets for 2005 first round pick (#26), 2005 seventh round pick (#230).
- Traded 2005 first round pick (#26), 2005 fifth round pick (#105) to Seattle Seahawks for 2005 first round pick (#23).
|2005 Oakland Raiders staff|
Special Teams Coaches
Strength and Conditioning
|2005 Oakland Raiders roster|
|1||September 8, 2005||at New England Patriots||L 30–20||ABC|
|2||September 18, 2005||Kansas City Chiefs||L 23–17||ESPN|
|3||September 25, 2005||at Philadelphia Eagles||L 23–20||CBS|
|4||October 2, 2005||Dallas Cowboys||W 19–13||FOX|
|6||October 16, 2005||San Diego Chargers||L 27–14||CBS|
|7||October 23, 2005||Buffalo Bills||W 38–17||CBS|
|8||October 30, 2005||at Tennessee Titans||W 34–25||CBS|
|9||November 6, 2005||at Kansas City Chiefs||L 27–23||CBS|
|10||November 13, 2005||Denver Broncos||L 31–17||CBS|
|11||November 20, 2005||at Washington Redskins||W 16–13||CBS|
|12||November 27, 2005||Miami Dolphins||L 33–21||CBS|
|13||December 4, 2005||at San Diego Chargers||L 34–10||ESPN|
|14||December 11, 2005||at New York Jets||L 26–10||CBS|
|15||December 18, 2005||Cleveland Browns||L 9–7||CBS|
|16||December 24, 2005||at Denver Broncos||L 22–3||CBS|
|17||December 31, 2005||New York Giants||L 30–21||ESPN|
Week 7: vs. Buffalo Bills
|(2) Denver Broncos||13||3||0||.813||5–1||10–2||395||258||W4|
|Kansas City Chiefs||10||6||0||.625||4–2||9–3||403||325||W2|
|San Diego Chargers||9||7||0||.563||3–3||7–5||418||312||L2|
- 2005 Oakland Raiders
- "2005 NFL Draft Pick Transactions". www.prosportstransactions.com. Retrieved May 2, 2018.
- "Vikings Agree to Trade Moss to the Raiders (washingtonpost.com)". www.washingtonpost.com. Retrieved May 2, 2018.