|Host city||Brisbane, Queensland|
|Opening ceremony||29 August 2001|
|Closing ceremony||9 September 2001|
The 2001 Goodwill Games was the fifth and final edition of the international multi-sport event. The competition was held in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia from 29 August to 9 September 2001. A total around 1300 athletes took part in 14 sporting competitions.
The opening ceremony was held at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre at Boondall and featured The Corrs and Keith Urban. There was a live audience of 10,000 and the ceremony was broadcast live to an international audience of 450 million viewers.
- Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre – artistic gymnastics, basketball, boxing, rhythmic gymnastics, trampoline, weightlifting
- ANZ Stadium – athletics
- South Bank Piazza – beach volleyball
- Chandler Velodrome – cycling
- Chandler Aquatic Centre – diving, swimming
- Brisbane Entertainment Centre – figure skating
- Kurrawa Beach, Gold Coast – surf lifesaving
- 2001 Goodwill Games - Quick Facts. Goodwill Games. Retrieved on 2010-06-23.
- "Goodwill Games Opening Ceremony". Out There Productions. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Heritage and Architecture - Goodwill Bridge
- Queensland attraction - Goodwill Bridge
- Goodwill Bridge
- Buildings - Goodwill Bridge
- "Medals by country". Goodwill Games website. AOL Time Warner. Archived from the original on 11 February 2002.
- "Sports". Goodwill Games website. AOL Time Warner. Archived from the original on 3 February 2002.