|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1991 in archaeology involved some significant events.
- July - Rock art at Cosquer cave in Cap Morgiou, France.
- September 19 - Ötzi the Iceman.
- September - Fourteen Ancient Egyptian Boats (First Dynasty) identified at Abydos.
- Cuetlajuchitlán discovered in Mexico.
- Remains of monks at Mor Gabriel Monastery in Turkey killed by Timur's troops in 1401 are found in caves underneath the monastery.
- Cores and samples from a roof in Pueblo Bonito are dated to ca. A.D. 1082.
- Joan M. Gero and Margaret W. Conkey (ed.) - Engendering Archaeology: Women and Prehistory. Oxford: Blackwell. ISBN 0-631-16505-3
- Richard Hodges - Wall-to-Wall History: the Story of Roystone Grange. London: Duckworth ISBN 0-7156-2342-7
- Charles D. Trombold and David W. Wagner - "Analysis of Prehistoric Roadways in Chaco Canyon Using Remotely Sensed Digital Data." Ancient Road Networks and Settlement Hierarchies in the New World. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-38337-4.
- Colin Renfrew and Paul Bahn - Archaeology: Theories, Methods and Practice. London: Thames and Hudson. ISBN 0-500-28147-5.
- Archaeologist Colin Renfrew is created a life peer as Baron Renfrew of Kaimsthorn, of Hurlet in the District of Renfrew.
- January 18 - Clarence Hungerford Webb, American archaeologist (b. 1902)
- March 31 - A. W. Lawrence, English Classical archaeologist (b. 1900)
- "Dmanisi | archaeological site, Georgia". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "Viking Dig Reports". BBC. Retrieved 2011-11-03.
- Simons, Marlise (20 October 1992). "Stone Age Art Shows Penguins at Mediterranean". The New York Times. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "'Otzi the Iceman' Discovered". National Geographic Society. 28 July 2014. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- The Guardian (London) 21 December 1991.
- Delgado, Kevin (2010). Explorer's Guide Acapulco: A Great Destination. The Countryman Press. p. 184. ISBN 9781581578560.
- Johnson, Dale A. Monks of Mount Izla.
- Brown, Mark (1 December 2010). "Iraqi palace could become museum showcasing British Museum artefacts". The Guardian. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "Clarence Hungerford Webb 1902-1991" (PDF). Cambridge.org. Retrieved 8 June 2017.