|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
- Hengistbury Head, by Barry Cunliffe, is completed (begun in 1979).
- Khok Phanom Di, by Charles Higham (1984-85).
- July - Uluburun shipwreck, by the Institute of Nautical Archaeology under George Bass, begun (continues until 1994).
- Bradley, Richard. The Social Foundations of Prehistoric Britain: themes and variations in the archaeology of power. London: Longman. ISBN 0-582-49163-0.
- Harding, A. F. The Mycenaeans and Europe. London: Academic Press. ISBN 0-12-324760-8.
- Kelso, William M. Kingsmill Plantation, 1619-1800: archaeology of country life in colonial Virginia. Orlando: Academic Press. ISBN 0-12-403480-2.
- Pilcher, J. R.; et al. "A 7,272-year tree-ring chronology for western Europe". Nature. 312 (5990): 150–152. doi:10.1038/312150a0.
- July - Pirate ship Whydah Gally (wrecked off Cape Cod in 1717) discovery announced.
- August 1 - Lindow Man is found in Lindow Moss in north west England by peat cutters.
- September - 1928 Scania truck (sunk 1936) located in Fryken, Sweden.
- November - Commerce raider CSS Alabama (sunk off Cherbourg in 1864) is found by the French Navy.
- Turkana Boy is found in Kenya by team led by Richard Leakey.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- April 5: Giuseppe Tucci, Italian Orientalist (born 1894)
- Pulak, Cemal. "The Late Bronze Age Shipwreck at Uluburun". Ancient Cyprus Web Project. Archived from the original on 2001-07-08. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- Long, Chris (2014-08-03). "Lindow Man: Gruesome discovery who became 'international celebrity'". BBC News. Retrieved 2017-06-05.
- "Alabama". CERES. 2005. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- "Looking back over 30 years of the Jorvik Viking Centre". York Press. Retrieved 5 June 2017.