National plebiscite and local plebiscites for the approval of the proposed constitutional amendments and local bills made by the Interim Batasang Pambansa was held January 27, 1984 in the Philippines.
The majority of the Filipino people voted "Yes" to the terms and constitutional amendments. But several opposition politicians, like Jose Diokno and Lorenzo Tanada, called for boycott.. Below are the constitutional amendments as a result of the plebiscite:
- Creating the Office of the Vice-President of the Philippines
- Abolishing the Executive Committee
- Elections for the Regular Members of Batasang Pambansa by provinces, highly urbanized cities and districts of Metro Manila
- Land grant and urban housing program
- "Proclamation No. 2332, s. 1984 | GOVPH". Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Coming test of democracy in Philippines sparks disunity in opposition to Marcos". Christian Science Monitor. 1984-01-18. ISSN 0882-7729. Retrieved 2018-11-02.