|1984 French Open|
|Date||28 May – 10 June|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Draw||128S / 64D / 64X|
|Surface||Clay / outdoor|
|Location||Paris (XVIe), France|
|Venue||Stade Roland Garros|
|Ivan Lendl |
|Martina Navratilova |
|Henri Leconte / Yannick Noah |
|Martina Navratilova / Pam Shriver |
|Anne Smith / Dick Stockton |
The 1984 French Open was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor clay courts at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The tournament was held from 28 May until 10 June. It was the 88th staging of the French Open, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1984.
- It was Lendl's 1st career Grand Slam title.
- It was Navratilova's 9th career Grand Slam title, and her 2nd (and last) French Open title.
Total prize money for the event was FF14,887,600.
- "French Open 1984 – Overview". ITFTennis.com.
- "Lendl Outlasts Mcenroe In French Open Final". Paris, France: Montreal Gazette. 1984-06-11. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- "ATP – 1984 Roland Garros Men's Singles Draw". ATP.
- "Martina Needs Only 63 Minutes To Complete Grand Slam". Paris, France: Tri-City Herald. 1984-06-11. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- "WTA Tournament Archive – 1984 Roland Garros" (PDF). WTA.
- "ATP – 1984 Roland Garros Men's Doubles Draw". ATP.
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 390, 397, 400, 402–3. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Gilles Delamarre (1991). Roland Garros : Le Livre du Tournoi du Centenaire. Paris: Fédération Française de Tennis. pp. 240–245. ISBN 2906450510.
- John Barrett, ed. (1986). World of Tennis 1985. London: Willow Books. p. 85. ISBN 978-0002181709.
1983 Australian Open
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by|
1984 Wimbledon Championships