|Dates||March 31 – April 3, 1983|
|Location||Rancho Mirage, California|
|Course(s)||Mission Hills Country Club|
|Format||Stroke play - 72 holes|
|Length||6,265 yards (5,729 m)|
The 1983 Nabisco Dinah Shore was a women's professional golf tournament, held March 31 to April 3 at Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, California. It was the twelfth edition of what is now the ANA Inspiration and its first year as a major championship.
In strong winds, Amy Alcott won the third of her five major titles, two strokes ahead of runners-up Kathy Whitworth and Beth Daniel, the leader after each of the first three rounds. Alcott won the title again in 1988 and 1991.
It was the richest tournament in women's golf in 1983; the $400,000 purse was double that of the 1983 U.S. Women's Open. The final round attendance in 1983 was over 20,000, and this was the first year that amateurs were invited; two made the cut and future major winner Kathy Baker was the low amateur.
Sunday, April 3, 1983
|Place||Player||Country||Score||To par||Money ($)|
|1||Amy Alcott||United States||70-70-70-72=282||−6||55,000|
|T2||Beth Daniel||United States||69-69-70-76=284||−4||30,845|
|Kathy Whitworth||United States||73-70-69-72=284|
|T4||JoAnne Carner||United States||73-72-77-69=291||+3||16,515|
|Janet Coles||United States||73-70-72-76=291|
|T6||Judy Clark||United States||73-75-69-75=292||+4||12,295|
|Nancy Lopez||United States||74-71-71-76=292|
|8||Vicki Fergon||United States||73-75-70-75=293||+5||10,643|
|Barbara Moxness||United States||73-68-78-75=294|
|Alice Ritzman||United States||73-76-75-70=294|
|Jo Ann Washam||United States||72-73-73-76=294|
Amateurs: Kathy Baker (+14), Debbie Weldon (+25).
- "Daniel uses short game to take lead". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). Associated Press. April 2, 1983. p. 7B.
- McDermott, Barry (April 11, 1983). "Winning was her just dessert". Sports Illustrated. p. 34.
- "Alcott overcomes strong wind for first win in California". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). Associated Press. April 4, 1983. p. 3B.
- "Tenacious Alcott rallies to win Dinah Shore tourney". Spartanburg Herald-Journal. (South Carolina). Associated Press. April 4, 1983. p. B1.
- "Scoreboard:Dinah Shore". Spokane Chronicle. (Washington). Associated Press. April 4, 1983. p. 17.
1982 U.S. Women's Open
|Major Championships||Succeeded by|
1983 LPGA Championship