|1982 CCHA Men's Ice Hockey Tournament|
|Dates||March 5–13, 1982|
|Finals site||Joe Louis Arena|
|Champions||Michigan State (1st title)|
|Winning coach||Ron Mason (4th title)|
|MVP||Ron Scott (Michigan State)|
CCHA Men's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 1982 CCHA Men's Ice Hockey Tournament was the 11th CCHA Men's Ice Hockey Tournament. It was played between March 5 and March 13, 1982. First round games were played at campus sites, while 'final four' games were played at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan for the first time. By winning the tournament, Michigan State received the Central Collegiate Hockey Association's automatic bid to the 1982 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
- 1 Format
- 2 Conference Standings
- 3 Bracket
- 3.1 First Round
- 3.2 Semifinals
- 3.3 Consolation Game
- 3.4 Championship
- 4 Tournament awards
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The tournament featured three rounds of play. The four teams that finished below eighth place in the standings were not eligible for postseason play. In the quarterfinals, the first and eighth seeds, the second and seventh seeds, the third seed and sixth seeds and the fourth seed and fifth seeds played a two-game series where the team that scored the higher number of goals after the games was declared the victor and advanced to the semifinals. In the semifinals, the remaining highest and lowest seeds and second highest and second lowest seeds play a single-game, with the winners advancing to the finals. The tournament champion receives an automatic bid to the 1982 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
Note: GP = Games Played; W = Wins; L = Losses; T = Ties; PTS = Points; GF = Goals For; GA = Goals Against
|Lake Superior State||28||11||15||2||24||112||110||39||19||17||3||165||150|
|Championship: Michigan State|
† indicates conference regular season champion
* indicates conference tournament champion
|7||Lake Superior State||1||4||5|
|2||Michigan State||3||Consolation Game|
|4||Notre Dame||6||5||11||1||Bowling Green||2|
Note: * denotes overtime period(s)
(1) Bowling Green vs. (8) Northern Michigan
|Bowling Green won series|
(2) Michigan State vs. (7) Lake Superior State
|Michigan State won series|
(3) Michigan Tech vs. (6) Ferris State
|Michigan Tech won series|
(4) Notre Dame vs. (5) Michigan
|Notre Dame won series|
(1) Bowling Green vs. (4) Notre Dame
|March 11||Bowling Green||5 – 8||Notre Dame||Joe Louis Arena|
(2) Michigan State vs. (3) Michigan Tech
|March 11||Michigan State||3 – 2||Michigan Tech||Joe Louis Arena|
(1) Bowling Green vs. (3) Michigan Tech
|March 13||Bowling Green||2 – 1||Michigan Tech||Joe Louis Arena|
(2) Michigan State vs. (4) Notre Dame
|March 13||Michigan State||4 – 1||Notre Dame||Joe Louis Arena|
- Ron Scott (Michigan State)
- "Michigan State Men's Team History". Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "Ron Mason Year-by-Year Coaching Record". Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "CCHA Tournament MVP". eliteprospects.com. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "2012-13 CCHA Media Guide". ISSUU.com. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "CCHA Awards". College Hockey Historical Archive. Retrieved 2014-04-23.