|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
|1780s . 1790s in archaeology . 1800|
|. Archaeology timeline|
- Aëtos Hill, Menelaion Ridge, Laconia, Greece, takes place under H. W. Catling.
- San Vincenzo al Volturno by the British School of Archaeology at Rome begin (continue to 1986).
- Ain Dara temple, Syria; continues until 1985.
- 17 February - Derrynaflan Chalice in the south of Ireland.
- August - Wreck of the Breadalbane in the Northwest Passage.
- Wreck of HMS Restoration (1678) on the Goodwin Sands.
- Wreck of the paddle steamer Eric Nordevall in Vättern in Sweden.
- Frieze at Aphrodisias in Anatolia showing Claudius subjugating Britannia.
- W. A. McCutcheon - The Industrial Archaeology of Northern Ireland. Belfast: HMSO. ISBN 0-337-08154-9.
- 19 December - Chaco Canyon National Monument is renamed Chaco Culture National Historical Park with 13,000 acres (53 km²) added. The Chaco Culture Archaeological Protection Site program is created to protect Chacoan sites.
- January 2 - Rhys Carpenter, American Classical art historian (b. 1889)
- August 24 - André Parrot, French archaeologist of the Near East (b. 1901)
- September 8
- November 16 - Don Crabtree, American experimental archaeologist (b. 1912)
- "Derrynaflan Chalice". National Museum of Ireland. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- Callaghan, Carla (1 May 2014). "Wreckage of historic ship The Breadalbane is explored under the Arctic Ocean". dailyrecord. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- Wessex Archaeology (November 2006), Restoration, Goodwin Sands Designated Site Assessment: Arachaeological Report (PDF), English Heritage, retrieved 2009-08-24[permanent dead link]
- "Sweden's paddle steamer Eric Nordeval". PSPS. 6 May 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- Potter, Timothy W.; Johns, Catherine (1992). Roman Britain. University of California Press. p. 40.
- "Andre Parrot". Britannica.com. Retrieved 17 May 2017.