The 1978 United States Senate election in Alaska was held on November 7, 1978. Incumbent Republican U.S. Senator Ted Stevens was re-elected to a second term in office, defeating Democrat Donald Hobbs.
- Donald W. Hobbs, candidate for Senate in 1974
- Joseph A. Sonneman, attorney and photographer from Juneau
- Ted Stevens, incumbent Senator
|Republican||Ted Stevens (incumbent)||83,528||81.27%|
|Democratic||Donald W. Hobbs||10,589||10.30%|
|Democratic||Joseph A. Sonneman||8,662||8.43%|
|Republican||Ted Stevens (incumbent)||92,783||75.59%||1.71|
|Democratic||Donald W. Hobbs||29,574||24.10%||1.40|
- "Our Campaigns - AK US Senate - Open Primary Race - Aug 22, 1978". www.ourcampaigns.com.
- "Our Campaigns - AK US Senate Race - Nov 07, 1978". www.ourcampaigns.com.
- Clerk of the United States House of Representatives (1979). "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 7, 1978" (PDF). U.S. Government Printing Office.
|This Alaska-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|