|1977 Western Michigan Broncos football|
|1977 record||4–7 (3–5 MAC)|
|Head coach||Elliot Uzelac (3rd season)|
|Captain||Howard Nevins, Keith Rogien|
|Home stadium||Waldo Stadium|
|1977 Mid-American Conference football standings|
The 1977 Western Michigan Broncos football team represented Western Michigan University in the Mid-American Conference (MAC) during the 1977 NCAA Division I football season. In their third season under head coach Elliot Uzelac, the Broncos compiled a 4–7 record (3–5 against MAC opponents), finished in seventh place in the MAC, and outscored their opponents, 261 to 231. The team played its home games at Waldo Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
The team's statistical leaders included Albert Little with 802 passing yards, Jerome Persell with 1,339 rushing yards, and Craig Frazier with 319 receiving yards. Linebacker Howard Nevins and fullback Keith Rogien were the team captains. Tailback Jerome Persell received the team's most outstanding player award. Persell was also named MAC offensive player of the year for the second of what would be three consecutive years.
|September 10||at Minnesota||L 7–10|
|September 17||Texas-Arlington||L 10–17|
|September 24||Northern Illinois||W 37–6|
|October 1||at Bowling Green||L 28–31|
|October 8||Kent State||L 16–20|
|October 15||at Toledo||W 34���21|
|October 22||Marshall||W 53–29|
|October 29||at Ohio||W 28–22|
|November 5||Miami||L 8–14|
|November 12||Ball State||L 25–29|
|November 19||at Central Michigan||L 23–28|
- "Football Records: Annual Results". Western Michigan University. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- "Football Records: Year-By-Year Results - 1970 - 79". Western Michigan University. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- "1977 Western Michigan Broncos Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- "Waldo Stadium". Western Michigan University. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- "1977 Western Michigan Broncos Stats". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- "Football History: All-Time Captains". Western Michigan University. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- "Football History: Team Awards". Western Michigan University. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- "Western's Persell, NIU's Petzke share MAC honors". Detroit Free Press. December 14, 1978. p. 2D.