|1977 USAC Championship Car season|
|USAC National Championship Trail|
|Start date||March 6|
|End date||October 29|
|National champion||Tom Sneva|
|Indianapolis 500 winner||A. J. Foyt|
The 1977 USAC Championship Car season consisted of 14 races, beginning in Ontario, California on March 6 and concluding in Avondale, Arizona on October 29. The USAC National Champion was Tom Sneva and the Indianapolis 500 winner was A. J. Foyt. The schedule included a road course for the first time since 1970.
Schedule and results
- The Machinist Union 150, scheduled for September 24, was first postponed due to rain, and was eventually cancelled on October 3.
Final points standings
- Åberg, Andreas. "USAC National Championship 1977". Driver Database. Archived from the original on 2009-05-06. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- Harms, Phil; Ferner, Michael; Measures, Gerry; Brown, Allen. "Indy 500 and USAC racing (1971-1978)". OldRacingCars.com. Archived from the original on 2009-05-06. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- "1977 USAC National Championship Trail". ChampCarStats.com. Archived from the original on 2009-05-13. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- Harms, Phil. "1977 Championship Driver Summary" (PDF). Motorsport.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2011-05-03.
- http://media.indycar.com/pdf/2011/IICS_2011_Historical_Record_Book_INT6.pdf (p. 217-218)