|Champions||Michigan Tech Huskies (3rd title)|
|Runner-up||Minnesota Golden Gophers (5th title game)|
|Winning coach||John MacInnes (3rd title)|
|MOP||Jim Warden, Michigan Tech|
The 1975 NCAA Men's Division I Ice Hockey Tournament was the culmination of the 1974–75 NCAA Division I men's ice hockey season, the 28th such tournament in NCAA history. It was held between March 13 and 15, 1975, and concluded with Michigan Tech defeating Minnesota 6-1. All games were played at the St. Louis Arena in St. Louis, Missouri.
This is the first time since 1949 that all four teams in the tournament had played in the previous championship. It has not happened since (as of 2017).
Four teams qualified for the tournament, two each from the eastern and western regions. The ECAC tournament champion and the two WCHA tournament co-champions received automatic bids into the tournament. An at-large bid was offered to a second eastern team based upon both their ECAC tournament finish as well as their regular season record.
|Seed||School||Conference||Record||Berth type||Appearance||Last bid||Seed||School||Conference||Record||Berth type||Appearance||Last bid|
|1||Boston University||ECAC Hockey||25–4–1||Tournament champion||10th||1974||1||Minnesota||WCHA||30–9–1||Tournament co-champion||6th||1974|
|2||Harvard||ECAC Hockey||23–4–0||At-Large||7th||1974||2||Michigan Tech||WCHA||30–10–0||Tournament co-champion||8th||1974|
The ECAC champion was seeded as the top eastern team while the WCHA co-champion with the better regular season record was given the top western seed. The second eastern seed was slotted to play the top western seed and vice versa. All games were played at the St. Louis Arena. All matches were Single-game eliminations with the semifinal winners advancing to the national championship game and the losers playing in a consolation game.
|E2||Harvard||4||Third Place Game|
Note: * denotes overtime period(s)
(E1) Boston University vs. (W2) Michigan Tech
|March 13||Boston University||5 – 9||Michigan Tech||St. Louis Arena|
|(Burlington, Stanfield) Rick Meagher - 04:53
(Brown, Robbins) Vic Stanfield - 19:57
|First period||07:35 - Jeff Wilcox (unassisted)|
09:16 - PP - Stu Younger (D'Alvise, P. Jensen)
|(Stanfield, Robbins) Peter Brown - PP - 08:08||Second period||02:10 - Stu Younger (unassisted)|
03:07 - Peter Roberts (Lorimer, Bouchard)
05:32 - PP - Bob D'Alvise (Steele, Murray)
15:23 - GW - Bob D'Alvise (unassisted)
18:40 - PP - Bill Steele (Zuke, D'Alvise)
|(Stanfield) Peter Brown - PP - 05:32
(Sunderland) Terry Meagher - 08:43
|Third period||00:19 - PP - George Lyle (P. Jensen)|
01:50 - PP - Mike Zuke (Wilcox)
|Brian Durocher ( 31 saves )||Goalie stats||( 29 saves ) Jim Warden|
(W1) Minnesota vs. (E2) Harvard
|March 13||Minnesota||6 – 4||Harvard||St. Louis Arena|
(E1) Boston University vs. (E2) Harvard
|March 15||Boston University||10 – 5||Harvard||St. Louis Arena|
(W1) Minnesota vs. (W2) Michigan Tech
|March 15||Minnesota||1 – 6||Michigan Tech||St. Louis Arena|
|1st||MTU||Bill Steele||Young and D'Alvise||11:36||1–0 MTU|
|MTU||Mike Zuke – GW||S. Jensen and Decker||18:56||2–0 MTU|
|2nd||MTU||George Lyle||S. Jensen and Ostlund||25:21||3–0 MTU|
|MTU||Scott Jessee||Mayer and Roberts||38:40||4–0 MTU|
|3rd||MTU||Bob D'Alvise – PP||Wilcox and Steele||41:26||5–0 MTU|
|MTU||George Lyle – PP||Ostlund and Abbey||46:56||6–0 MTU|
|MIN||Tom Younghans||Phippen and Gauge||49:49||6–1 MTU|
- G: Jim Warden* (Michigan Tech)
- D: Reed Larson (Minnesota)
- D: Bob Lorimer (Michigan Tech)
- F: Bob D'Alvise (Michigan Tech)
- F: Steve Jensen (Michigan Tech)
- F: Warren Miller (Minnesota)
- "NCAA Division 1 Tournament". College Hockey Historical Archives. Archived from the original on 2013-06-21. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "NCAA Tournament". College Hockey Historical Archives. Retrieved May 19, 2013.
- "Michigan Tech 2009-10 Hockey Yearbook". Michigan Tech Huskies. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- "NCAA Division I Awards". College Hockey Historical Archives. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "NCAA Frozen Four Records" (PDF). NCAA.org. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2013-06-22. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- Official 2008 NCAA Men's and Women's Ice Hockey Records Book (PDF). Indianapolis: National Collegiate Athletic Association. pp. 54, 58. ISSN 1089-0092. Retrieved 2008-05-29.[permanent dead link]
- "1975 NCAA Tournament". Inside College Hockey. Archived from the original on 23 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- "NCAA Division 1 Tournament". College Hockey historical Archive. Archived from the original on 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "NCAA Division 1 Awards". College Hockey historical Archive. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "John MacInnes Year-by-Year Coaching Record". USCHO.com. Archived from the original on 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Attendance Records and Sites" (PDF). NCAA.org. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2013-07-02.