|1967 Houston Oilers season|
|Head coach||Wally Lemm|
|General manager||Don Klosterman|
|Home field||Rice Stadium|
|Division place||1st AFL Eastern|
|Playoff finish||Lost AFL Championship|
(at Raiders) 7–40
The 1967 Houston Oilers season was the 8th season for the Houston Oilers as a professional AFL franchise; The team improved on their previous output of 3–11, with a 9–4–1 record. They won the Eastern Division and qualified for the postseason for the first time in five seasons, but lost to the Raiders in the AFL Championship Game at Oakland.
|2||September 9||Kansas City Chiefs||L 20–25||0–1||Rice Stadium||28,003||Recap|
|3||September 17||at Buffalo Bills||W 20–3||1–1||War Memorial Stadium||41,384||Recap|
|4||September 24||at San Diego Chargers||L 3–13||1–2||San Diego Stadium||36,032||Recap|
|5||October 1||Denver Broncos||W 10–6||2–2||Rice Stadium||21,798||Recap|
|7||October 15||at New York Jets||T 28–28||2–2–1||Shea Stadium||62,729||Recap|
|8||October 22||at Kansas City Chiefs||W 24–19||3–2–1||Municipal Stadium||46,365||Recap|
|9||October 29||Buffalo Bills||W 10–3||4–2–1||Rice Stadium||30,060||Recap|
|10||November 5||at Boston Patriots||L 7–18||4–3–1||Fenway Park||19,422||Recap|
|11||November 12||at Denver Broncos||W 20–18||5–3–1||Bears Stadium||30,392||Recap|
|13||November 26||Boston Patriots||W 27–6||6–3–1||Rice Stadium||28,044||Recap|
|14||December 3||Miami Dolphins||W 17–14||7–3–1||Rice Stadium||20,979||Recap|
|15||December 10||Oakland Raiders||L 7–19||7–4–1||Rice Stadium||36,375||Recap|
|16||December 16||San Diego Chargers||W 24–17||8–4–1||Rice Stadium||19,870||Recap|
|17||December 23||at Miami Dolphins||W 41–10||9–4–1||Miami Orange Bowl||25,982||Recap|
- Intra-division opponents are in bold text.
- Saturday (September 9, December 16 & 23)
|AFL Championship||December 31||at Oakland Raiders||L 7–40||Oakland–Alameda County Coliseum||53,330||Recap|
|AFL Eastern Division|
|New York Jets||8||5||1||.615||5–1–1||371||329||W1|
Note: Tie games were not officially counted in the standings until 1972.
- 1967 Houston Oilers
- "Oakland, Houston accent defense in AFL title tilt". Youngstown Vindicator. (Ohio). Associated Press. December 31, 1967.
- Bock, Hal (January 1, 1968). "Oakland romps past Houston, 40-7; meets Packers in Super Bowl Jan. 14". Youngstown Vindicator. (Ohio). Associated Press. p. 55.
- "Raiders humble Oilers, 40 to 7". Milwaukee Sentinel. UPI. January 1, 1968. p. 1, part 2.
- Shrake, Edwin (January 8, 1968). "Another old pro kicks for sixteen". Sports Illustrated. p. 14.